1UZFE into Rover P5B

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Nice one Neil,
I am just about half way into my TVR LS 1UZ conversion, no interia or paint yet, half sanded body and still to fit the engine but hope to have it on the road in about 6 months.

Alan

I think i now have the wiring labelled up with the wires i need. The ecu colours/connectors are the same as the 92 sc400 diagrams on here, but then it goes all astray and doesnt match any diagrams i can find, so have had the meter out and chased them through. The last one to find is the one to the starter motor from the starter relay. Wheres the best place to break into the loom?
Tony, thanks for organising a look at the cobra at the weekend. Much appreciated.:D

Neil

No worries Neil,

Now you know where the Cobra lives you can drop by if you need to check out locations, measurements etc. Tim's phone number should be in your phones memory.

Cheers,

Tony

A quick update, old engine out and new one in place on blocks of wood. The subframe is going to need modifying , and the steering box will have to be replaced with rack and pinion but shouldnt be too bad to do.
Rover%20V8%20removal%20030.JPG

1uzfe%20in%20005.JPG

The starter solenoid feed is a large black wire in the loom.

Best place to access it would be where it entered the fuse box on the original car.

Use a relay to power it as it does draw a bit of current and crappy Lucas ignition switches will die if you don't.

My Range Rover now has over 20 relays in it where the original car had 1!

Now thats what I call retro... The ride quality in those old cars is amazing..

Btw relays don't negate wire protection unless its a circuit breaker as well...
Similar to what is often used on light circuits...

1uzfe into P5b Melborne Australia

I am in the process customising a p5b and have swapped a 1UZFE into a a P5B.

I have kept everything Toyota gearbox etc

It fits well and I would be happy to swap photos etc.

The car should be on the road in say six months.

Nearly there,

finalfit012.jpg

finalfit001.jpg

finalfit010.jpg

A bit of wiring and the exhausts to do then its time to fire it up.
Ive been looking for a list of fluids and capacities for the engine and autbox but cant find one. Anyone help?

Its in and its running. It moved today for the first time in two years.

Rovergoing002.jpg

Thanks to everyone who contributed time/knowledge and encouragement on this forum.