1uzfe into MA70 wiring question

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
ok, here we go, the first few pictures show the motor against the booster, the last is the booster with the motor out. the dent from the booster was made by the motor alone, i didnt hit it.

Do you have to flip the truck brake booster upside down to fit? I think I heard that in a swap tutorial by a guy in Australia.

-Dave

I dont think that we are going to have to. From seeing the booster that came on the trucks here in the states, it lookes like flipping it upside down would actually possibly cause interferance. I am thinking that the right hand drive units are different and that is why Phil had to flip it.

here is what I am meaning about flipping it and possible interferance.

The first pic is how the booster would normaly be mounted. notice that the circled area is where Daniel's is hitting from is pictures. The second is how the booster would be if it was flipped. Same thing as the first, circled where the interferance was on his car. Notice that when mounted normal, there is a recess right where his is hitting and in the second (flipped) part of the area is recessed and part is not.

1st
truckbooster.jpg

2nd
truckbooster02.jpg

yeah, if you look closely at the pictures, you can see that the roed to the pedal is slightly off center. i think (havent tried it yet) that a minimal ammount of filling on the fire wall will alow it to fit unflipped. it almost fits as it is. the only thing catching is the boot over the shaft, so really not by much. regardless, the booster is still shorter, and has a smaller diameter, so it may still clear.

im gonna go eat and get to work, updates to follow.

D.

Has anybody considered fabricating a hydroboost unit for braking? It doesn't take up very much space at all.

Attachments

• trans selector.jpg
    trans selector.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 8
Well might be a little late, but if you look at one for a 87 toy. pick-up, thats the one that I think is what phil used and just requiers it to be flipped to bolt to the fire wall.

Look at the standard unit, not the HD option.

Daniel, any update or pregress lately?

Edit: Have you had a chance to measure subframe clearance yet? also, could you by chance get a photoor two from straight on down at the bottom so show the clearance?

i'll do that monday night, i got the motor in and mounted last monday night, and in dover, delaware this weekend, and back home monday. i realised when i got the motor in that i have no rear trans. mount. the rubber mount was broken, so i need to find one of those. i really need to get it secured before i take the pics for you so they are accurate.

i did stop for a while, and traveled a lot too. i built a tranny mount yesterday, which i will install tomorrow. then i can take the pics you need of the clearance.

Also, if anyone has some grey (or black) interior carpet layin around, i'd like to replace mine.

Finally some pics!

cjsupra, here are the pics of the crossmember clearance. no exact measurments, but my fingers fit fine as in the 3rd pic.

also, i may need to comission you fab / welding skills for a tranny mount. mine works, but the tranny hangs too low. you think you could weld me one up if i sent you measurments or a drawing of what i need?

cjsupra, here are the pics of the crossmember clearance. no exact measurments, but my fingers fit fine as in the 3rd pic.

also, i may need to comission you fab / welding skills for a tranny mount. mine works, but the tranny hangs too low. you think you could weld me one up if i sent you measurments or a drawing of what i need?

Thanks for the pictures, clearance look good there between the pan and the rack, how is it between the pan and the subframe/crossmember and the pan directly behind the rack?

As for the tranny mount, I should be able to whip something up for you without any problem. Drawing and dimensions would be fine to get the job done.

Attachments

• Lexus-TH400 029.jpg
    Lexus-TH400 029.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Lexus-TH400 031.jpg
    Lexus-TH400 031.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Lexus-TH400 033.jpg
    Lexus-TH400 033.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Lexus-TH400 036.jpg
    Lexus-TH400 036.jpg