1UZFE hiace help if u please

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

factoryau

doin research for the 1uzfe hit a stumbling block mines a 2005 hiace gearbox is a 5 speed R351 havent found any info on these n what bellhousing/clutch kit would bolt up.. pic is of the van its goin into
read alot alot on these forums alot of awesum info on how to get it in there just the box problem holding me up..

how the hell are u going to get it passed

1uzs were made up to 97 98 for non vvvti
and around 2000 2001 for vvti
and to get a vvti one to start u a complete front cut and dont throw anything away
im not sure if the rules are easy in brissy but last time i remember u can do jack **** up there due to laws

a 06 or 07 holden ls2 would much better and easier to fit

couple years ago i did a 3.8 holden v6 into a 96 hiace had no dramas no defects all mod plated except for when i welded the diff for sum fun..:biglaugh: cops werent to happy with that 1.. so laws arent that bad im doin a non vvti engine in this 1..

No way an early UZ will go into a 05 car. Engine series has to at least be the same age as the car eg your holden V6 swap would have been OK. I got a 91 UZ into a 92 car but only because that series UZ went thru until 94.

Check with your engineer before going any further before you do your dough.

As sideshow says, an LS makes more sense anyways

found out that the 1UZFE would NOT comply with 1 of the fifty billion rules out there.. unless i was to use a 2UZFE block which would then stroke it to a 4.7 seems like way to much drama thanks fellas saved my dough..

yes
after around 2000 ish the rules went up the butttt
emissions got stricter and stricter

these days the only good engines available are the holden 6lt and 6.2 and the ford 5.4 but the ford is bloody wide

I feel sorry for you poor australians. We can put anything we want in there and it would be legal. Haha

Cheers

Second that ! Absolutly nearly anything can be built in NZ providing things are done safely. I think one of those new hiaces with a 1UZ would be awsum. Would be interesting to know if those new hiaces have the same bellhousing bolt pattern as a R154 gearbox ? Anyone know ?

would be even nicer with an ls3
we only put a cam and lifters and springs in them and get over 500 hp
normally aspirated
doing one in a speed boat in 2 weeks
should be fun

Where u at?? would have to sus out the particulars if i could fit an ls3 in there? up to my box n so forth or have to go auto? seen on utube an mish express van wit ls1 an 270@ the wheels. would be nice!! took your advice lookd at ls2 saw $3990 bare engine with loom an all would be lookn at atleast $5500.. anyway anything is on the cards..

yer not cheap in the end for ls2 or ls3 enignes but u have to remember everythign even ecu and harnesses is all new

and it would cost a shitload to even get a 1uz close to that power

hey gloverman
i heard the rules are getting bit strickter in yr side of the world

we have spoken to afew guys over there and they are changing some rules

is this true

yer not cheap in the end for ls2 or ls3 enignes but u have to remember everythign even ecu and harnesses is all new

and it would cost a shitload to even get a 1uz close to that power

hey gloverman
i heard the rules are getting bit strickter in yr side of the world

we have spoken to afew guys over there and they are changing some rules

is this true

I know your question wasnt directed at me but yes the rules are getting stricter over here. I recently went for a cert on my 1UZ 1986 toyota cressida and got failed on emisions !! Had to fit the factory oxy sensors to allow it to pass. I have performed many engine conversions over the past 10 years and this is a first.

Hi guys - I beleive CRS would make a bell housing for chev up to toyota R series box so a bell housing should be avaliable from them. I beleive the LS motors have the same bell hosuing bolt pattern as the older chev motors.
We are doing a resto on a HT monaro and I wasnt allowed to fit a lexus so LS2 is the power plate of choice. Would go awesome in a hiace and thats what they really need. Even an older LS1 if the money isnt there.

Jim - as for the rule changes over here we have had a few. As MX5 suggested ( should have o2 sensors anyway)- most are around emmissions. The standards with factory ECUs are different for those with Aftermarket systems. Some cert guys are insisting on things like engine check lights. At the end of the day most of the changes are really easy to deal with and in most cases should be done in the converson anyway. My latest was my own Hilux surf with lexus turbo and it went straight through. And we use a guy who is known for being really hard on his certs. At the end of the day we still can pretty much do anything we like , do it to a trademans standard and it will pass.
Cheers

ive been chatting to a friend who dropped into work the other day
he had a customers car to fix and get emissions passed and all that crap
it all got passed but got knocked back by some fking stupid rule
which at the end of the day if u took it seriously means that every exhaust shop fitting aftermarket catalytic converters would be deamed to be illegal

i asked him if we could talk to someone who does emisson testing and to see if we could rent 5 or so different model cars that are virtually brand new
and do emission tesitng on them
and i recon some would fail
someone needs to do something cause the rules are getting out of control
over here
so i might look into afew things and get a plan going with day 30 or 50 workshops i know and prove what they are doing is wrong

hello sideshow
i am doing a hiace 1uz and mite need your help where about in qld are you or can you ring me 0412855493 thanks