1uzfe into 94 hiace swb

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jay311

hey lexus people i have been thinking of doing a 1uz transplant into my hiace eversince i have owned it.. Now the time has come.. After alot of research into was was needed and alot of measuring up to make sure the motor was going to fit i started to buy the bits and peices i needed for my project. As i am going to be running my standard 5 speed manuel i also needed a custom flywheel, bell housing heavy duty clutch etc.

The motor i purchased was from a parts dealer in auckland and is a 92 LS 400 front sump, hydrulic remote fan etc.

As my van has A/C and P/S in it already the plan is to plumb them up and run them on the lexus motor aswell

Last friday i had the chance to rip the old engine out which is a 2 litre fuel injected 4 cylinder a very good engine just lacking a little in horsepower.. Horsepower rating for the 2 litre engine is 110 horsepower and am guessing that figure is at the flywheel. not too many problems getting the engine out once i had taken the a/c and p/s off made things alot easier

while waiting for parts to arrive engine was preped for cambelt to be done and put some new iridium plugs in.. hydrulic fan pump assembly was by passed with a pulley wheel in place to keep the alternator belt running in the same format and figured out what each pipe and wat not on the engine was there for to make things easier when it came time to plumb up to my hiace.. Ring gear off automatic gear box was cut out and placed onto flywheel. Clutch was also bolted on

the 1uz was placed into the empy space the next day and with a little bit of chopping managed to get quite alot of room. the first problem i ran into was the sump posistion as all van motors are rear sump to clear the crossmember and i have a front sump lexus.. so reposistioned the crossmember and now have a perfect spot for the front sump and the gearbox mounts up into the same original hole.. so that is good saves alot of work. next problem i have is the slave cylinder on this bell housing is on the right hand side right where the linkages are for the gear box so will have to come up with a bracket for the linkages shouldnt be too hard..

next thing to do is get the traction control butterfly milled off as this point is not letting the engine cover sit in the right place.. and if i still do not have enough clearence will make a block up to place between the throttle body and the butterfly to angle the butterfly set up downwards to follow the angle of the cam cover and that should get me some clearence.. Engine mounts are going to be made this easter weekend..

also with using the front sump motor takes away the need for a remote oil filter set up as the oil filter now pops out just behind the steering arm.. have also found a 3.9 ratio lsd head to go on so she should be revving nicely.. will also be running a electric fan to save room and time.. hopefully another couple of weekends mucking round on plumbing etc and she should be heading off to get wired up

not gonna lie
this is WICKEd!
I LOVE the idea!
I drive a previa now.. my car was totalled in an accident recently.. other drivers fault.. anyway.. i was thinking the same thing!
it would be super NUTTY and amazing fun to drive!

okay.. so i showed this to my Dad.. and he likes the idea.. biggest thing is that we have no place to do it.. so unless we move to a bigger house with a bigger garage.. we wont be following suit expediently
oh dear i'm excited..
one project at a time though..
first my current ones.. then this one.. one day soon hopefully!

Attachments

• jet plumbing.jpg
    jet plumbing.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 62
Thanks guys should be good fun.. A few guys in NZ have got 1uz's in their hiaces so when finished will be even more versatile.. Here are a few pics from the work today not much to report but riped all the old air intake out and mounted afm and filter as am running standard computer for time being and will up grade to a link computer down the track.. also finished off engine mounts and posistioned slave cylinder and linkages to know wat is needed there.. one bracket to space the slave cylinder out 10mm and linkages will weld on top of the bracket..

It's a pity you had to cut the engine bay. I cut nothing in mine. Is it possible to get a bell housing with the slave on the other side? Have you split the cross member so the radius rods are in the correct place or are you making new ones? Good news about the oil filter. The good thing about the 1UZ is they still let go big time even in the dry.

Cheers
Kelvin

that part of the shell will be easy fixed with a few plates and bolts i cut it so when it goes back on should bearly be able to tell.. not sure about the bell housing with the slave on the left? its fine how it is will just be tight.. havnt split the crossmember just reversed it.. will get new mounts made for the tie rods i think they are?? have talked to the cert guy in levin here he thinks its no problems.. ha and yes will be fun in the dry too

hay jay311,ive just become a new member,and are also very keen on hiace vans,with the 1ufze engines,i have the 2.8 deisal engine,which i want to convert,would you be able to tell me what flywheel,clutch,and bell housing you have used,in able 2 run the standed box,and did you make your engine mounts urself.any help would be great.

Hey Jezza gloverman on this forum has been alot of help to me have a chat to him he will be able to sort u out some mounts for u hes in hamilton.. Also A1 turbos in auckland will be able to help you out with bellhousing flywheel clutch etc.. This weekend just mucked around with swapping the A/C and P/S lines to the opposite sides to suit the v8.. Just need to take the lines into town and get some hose crimped on to suit..
Also exaust also turned up was thinking about running two exausts one on each side just infront of the back wheels but one will do for now out the back..

Hey Jay, Thanks heaps. Can't wait to see more photos of your conversion completed. Will keep you updated on how i'm going with mine.
Cheers Again.