1UZ into a VS Commodore

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I remember a zoom mag with some shop advertising conversions with a VP-VR to 1uz conversion. I'm not sure if you can get decent headers in there, but it's always worth a try.

Hay.
Yes it can be done!!! i hav a 4L in mu drift car, exhuusts are hell!!!!! but if i thought ahead and went turbo over the blower i could have saved my self a lot of head scratching. it has a R155 bolted

Sorry Wrong Button!! R154 and i only had 2 make crossmember mods, CSR box crossmember just bolts in as well. when i get time to tidy a few things i will post a heep of pics. i also had to mod the booster mount to clear the RH bank

EZ mate! what box u running?????? i have a craseda yoke mated to my tail shaft. seems 2 do the job. haven't tested it under race conditions yet but if all goes 2 plan that will happen b4 Christmas.

Exhaust on the driver side is a real prick. can be done. i suggest having the donk as high as possible i have made log exhausts out of 2.5in and they only clear by a bees ****. OZ Venom has build 1 that is engineered (i think!) don't quote me tho.

I will just reverse the stock log manifolds i have, or the tubular ones...whatever fits with least modding.

RE your tailshaft, what takes up the movement forwards/backwards then if there's no slip yoke? Would punch the output shaft into the box?

I just want to run the stock toyo auto but takes a bit of modding to run slip yoke i understand

RE your tailshaft, what takes up the movement forwards/backwards then if there's no slip yoke? Would punch the output shaft into the box?

I just want to run the stock toyo auto but takes a bit of modding to run slip yoke i understand

Justen,
There is a 1uz auto box with a slip yoke, early crown I think. Uses staked uni cross but can be modified to take Ford snap ring joint.
Contact 'Sprinterboy' on Toymods. He had/has my tailshaft from the Volvo.

It's a wagon.

Thanx Erol, checked my box and it is a crown slip yoke style so i'm sweet. I will just put the crown yoke on the VS tailshaft.

Only issue is the BH cocks the engine on an angle but Neil will sort me out with the right BH......all looking pretty easy

I'd love to see more detail/pics on this swap. I'm mulling over options for a transplant into my VS V6 and the 1UZ is the current favourite.

What diff ratio are you running? I've got a single spinner 3.08 at the moment which I'm desperate to replace with an LSD and I'm thinking about a 3.7 but I don't know how this would work out once a 1UZ and 5-speed is in. I'm also not sure which manual box to run - I prefer to stir my own gears.

feels like a 3.08:1 which would suit the uZ just fine once the big single is strapped to the side :) I run a 2.92:1 in the GT8.

If you're keeping it n/a then a W58 would be fine. Once you go FI then be very gentle on the 58 or grab a R154....or do as i did and go the whole hog with a tremec TKO600 :)