Another 1uz-fe into Commodore - n00b questions

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
i have wired up a 1uz into a vn commodore

didnt really impress me

it was an auto and since most commodores run a 3.08 diff it was really sluggish of the mark

these engines lack abit of torque so they really on revs

so with if yr goin to run an auto i would look into changing diff to around 3.t or 3.9 or even 4.1

considering how much the owner spent on the 1uz into a vn if it was my car i would have been disappointed

yer they are easy to get runnin perfect

its just that the ecus have 2 speed sensors

most people wont spend money to get both set up

it runs on 1 speed sensor but if it fails it will drive in limp mode

due to there not being the back up speed sensor

but ive never had any probs when only running 1 speed signal

these days ive started making other things like auto shoft boxes

and making change over looms and now startiing to make looms for holden gen 3s
and the new l76 and l98 6 lt engines

im moving into a workshop in 3 weeks aswell

not goin to be doin mobile as much

just too much hassle these days driving round losing time and money

yeah, one from gearbox one from back of speedo if memory serves.

when u say looms ; looms to fit plug and play into stuff? what sorta looms you making mate?

a workshop is a good idea ; driving round at your own cost on your own time is not a good idea no ; not in business for your health mate.

i can make any loom u want if u want to pay for it hehehe

alot of places say they can make nice plug in looms but alot fo the time unless your working on the car you cannot make a perfect plug in loom

nissans u can sometimes but since toyota ecus sometimes run a 3rd of 4th plug that goes to the dash wiring and not to the engine

to make a perfect plug in loom is hard so just beware what others say yes its total plug in

but if i cant make a perfect plug in loom i can make it very simple for the installer with the whole engine loom all one piece with a small plug left over for customer to wire up with instructions

on the other hand u can send me the complete engine harness and dash harness and body harness from the car u have

then send me the new engine harness from new engine getting fitted to car and i can make it plug in

its a pain doin this but it all comes down to how much u want to do

another thing i dont like with other loom mkaing companies is most of them do it the easy way and have all relays and fuses sitting in engine bay

i have seen ford cobra kit cars with bulky fuses and relays in engine bay
which i think loom crap

most of my looms get the tape cut open and most of the wiring for relays and fuses fed inside near ecu and i put relays and fuses under the dash near ecu

at end of day the other shops tend not spend time to make it look nice