1UZ fits in Supra!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
i cant tell from the pics, but does the rear end of the 1uz match where the rear end of the 2jz use to be? what i really want to know is did you have to move the gearbox back to fit the 1uz... i would hate to have to play around with the v160's remote shifter....

other than that, you're the man!!!! kudos to you for doing this...

all us mk4 guys can learn so much from what you've done/shown already.. thanks a heap.

RJ

Cabear, I intend to use the stock 6 speed driveshaft.

R-Jay, I am not 100% sure the rear of the 1UZ is where the rear of the 2JZ used to be, but it has to be damn close (I would guess less than 1/2 inch difference, if any at all). That's one of the things I should have measured before I pulled the 2JZGTE out.

That is AWSOME !!!!

dude, thats so awsome. how well do the motor mounts line up? does this mean i can put my spare 7MGTE into my tundra??

Tundra motor mounts are quite a bit different. The Tundra also uses a front sump. However, there is tons of room in the tundra engine bay, so anything's possible. If I still had a tundra, I would single twin turbo the 2UZ with some smallish turbos like T28.

i just picked up an trd supercharger for an 03' sequoia. im having second thoughts about installing it on my tundra. dealer says they wont cover any damages under warranty.

no warrany, i might as well put something elso on, or into my tundra.

hello all that looks good man and thanks for the info that the 2uz-fe trundra has a frount sump becauses that was the motor I was thincking of using in my MKI Supra. I woukd like to know anthing that you do about the trans like flywheel bellhousing ,ect,ect....

Dude...that is my dream car you're working on ;) J/K

Awesome job. I should be following you in about 6 months. I've been dreaming about this car, 3uz, twin turbos, S900 body kit...but a 1UZ will work. A little stroking, and I will have a uber platform for destruction of all competitors...

On another note, another question for you. Following Ray-J's post, what about length and weight? How far forward does the engine site in comparison to the 2JZ? Is the 1JZ lighter than the 2JZ?

Awesome job. Keep up the good work, and start a writeup...I need to have a path to follow...

Chris.

The aem does not need a starter input. It knows when you're starting by reading rpm. You will still need to do waste-spark since the aem only has 5 igniton drivers. You can probably get away with a dis4, aem c2di 4 channel or do it Scranton borthers style and run 4 6AL's.

KazeSupra.. all your questions have been covered in the previous posts. The 1uz is shortter than the 2jz (unsure of exact dimensions).... but it does sit approximately 1/4" further forward... and yes, i would imagine the 1uz is lighter...

my conversion will start in about 2 weeks..... hopefully.

Hey Andrew, any progress????

Well, i'm still piecing everything together... but at least i've got the 6spd to 1uz problem sorted. This guy who's done a fair bit of work for some guys who i know is going to machine up an alloy adaptor plate to mate my getrag box to the 1uz. He reckons 10mm is enough to hold decent amounts of torque... i'll trust him seeing as he's an engineer. Anyhow, he'll be busy for a coupla weeks, so it'll have to wait.... for those who're interested, he runs his own engineering workshop in Chipping Norton (sydney) called Mr Enforcer engineering..... had some mean cars in his workshop to show off his workmanship, which looks to be first grade.... had an s14 that caught my eye too.... 20b drag s14....

anyhow, will update on the adaptor thing when it gets done....

Well, i guessed the 1UZ was about 1/2" more forward than the 2JZ motor. Now I know what it is. I installed the getrag via the tranny mount and supported it with a tranny jack, letting it set right next to the installed 1UZ. There is a 3/4" gap between the two. So, I guess I am going to move the motor back about 1/2", make the new tranny bellhousing 1/8" thicker than the stock one, and move the tranny just a hair forward, about 1/8".

I don't want to move the tranny much because I do not want to change the shifter location much or deal with driveshaft length changes.

The new flange is almost completed in the CAD software. I think I've got this thing accurate to .001". I should have it to the CNC shop in two weeks.

The IS430 from Rod Millen used a 3/4" alumimum plate to mate with the 6 speed tranny. That might be your answer instead of moving engine or tranny. There is a thread some under IS430 Section.

Maybe I can do that, but I am a little worried that the clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing and fork would not work well with the whole assembly 3/4" moved forward.

I am going to visit a friend's shop and get some more measurements on the 2JZ and flywheel, so I can determine the correct spacing between the flywheel and the tranny input shaft. That more than anything will probably determine what stuff moves where.

Andrew, for some reason I have missed this... awesome project...

That is a shame about the cam corrosion, I can't believe that someone left this engine out to get damaged, tragic.

I need to drive up to Austin and look at your work firsthand sometime.

Maybe right after the new year, I should a have a driving car (fingers crossed). You are welcome to visit then, or I'll be in your area for the TX Supra meet in Spring 2005, hopfully twin turbo'd by then.

awesome conversion mate......
good luck with everything, i cant wait to see some movies of this beast when you are finished....

hopefully when you are finished you can make a website with some step by step instructions.... ( maybe asking too much, but we can all hope ).

after all it would be great to have more v8 supra's out there

EDIT:

All i can say is TT V8 supra (i want one)

so the aem box for the mkiv supra will accept the sc400 engine wiring harness then? and the rest of the mkiv wiring harnesses can be left in place?