1UZ fits in Supra!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
This is going from the sublime to the ridiculous, when a decent machine shop is so hard to find that someone has to buy the machine tools to DIY.

John

p.s. Congrats & let me know when you're open for business!

Awesome read!

Looking forward to the final product!

Is it only the vvti 1uzfe with the different sump? Or did the sump change in late model 1uzs?

Think ill ditch my LS1 fantasy, and go for a twin turbo set up in the near future.
Thanks

I am still working on the engine-tranny adapter plate. Hopefully I'll have more time to work on it this weekend. I'll take some pics as it gets close to completion. The new mill is a really fun tool, but it's clear to me there's a lot to learn about machine work. I can see why a machinist with many years experience is higly valued.

i just bought a 1uz to drop into my supra but now i see the 2uz is a 4.7 and the 99 1uz has a better intake manifold setup im doubting the 1uz. but after looking at the pics it doesnt look like the 2uz and 3uz will fit without hood mods. am i right?

Rarson, they are valued at what the market bears I guess. Looking back, I consider myself lucky I paid MSRP for mine. I am a bit surprised at the value they retain. I think that says a lot for Toyota and also the options in general the public has these days (ok, I am getting off topic).

Urbancustoms, I think the later 1UZ & 3UZ intakes will fit. The 2UZ will not for sure (tried with hood almost closed). There is more clearance than those pics would suggest since the hood has a bit of a bulge to it. Besides I don't think the sc400 hood is much if any taller than the Supra hood.

thanks andrew, i would rather get the later 1uz because i love the intake manifold setup but wont it be a lot of a harder swap because its obdII and not cable driven.

I am using a aftermarket EMS. The throttle cable is there, but youare right it is drive by wire. I small modification needs to be made to the throttle to have the cable directly engage it properly.

oh i see. im going to be using aem ems from my supra. that should botl up i heard since the clips are the same. its just now that i see the new 1uz it looks so much better than the older 1uz as far as intake manifold. i have a show car so that would benefit for me.

urbancustoms said:
oh i see. im going to be using aem ems from my supra. that should botl up i heard since the clips are the same. its just now that i see the new 1uz it looks so much better than the older 1uz as far as intake manifold. i have a show car so that would benefit for me.

Make your own manifold or have one made. Not too hard if you have TIG welding experience.

I would just put it in and get it running to start with. Then make a custom manifold. If you didn't have any running problems with the stock motor then it will be easier to find any problems aftermarket add ons might create.

-Dave

One question I have is about the flywheel positioning in the bellhousing. From what I reading, for the V160 to fit in the 1uz-fe properly, there is a 3/4 inch gap since the crank is recessed back that much further back than in the 2jz.

Now this my concern. Is the flywheel positioned the proper distance from the clutch fork? If the crank is set 3/4 inches further back than the 2JZ, this would also mean that the flywheel is set back 3/4 inch to allow is to both use the adpater plate and the stock clutch fork.

Any thoughts and in sight on this?

Thanks guys,

Eric