1994 Toyota Supra - 1UZFE Conversion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Interesting.....in the US the 5spd W58 doesn't get much respect from the NA Supra owners who turbo their motors. It'll be interesting to follow both yours and e-solver's projects to see if the W58 will handle the torque of the 1UZ, especially once it's FI'd.

Did you keep the stock 1UZ ECU for this? What sort of interfacing problems did you run into with the Supra harnesses, fuel pump control, etc.?

As you can see, you've generated a lot of interest with your conversion. It's good to have someone here who's been there, done it, and is willing to talk about it.
yes stock ecu, lexus loom long enough for ecu to mount in same location,just added speedo sensor wires from gearbox,rewire alternator were to short,yes had to bypass fuel control,cant seem to get a trigger from ecu ? everthing else works fine.i do get the check engine light coming on because of no auto signal fault 85 any ideas? and i did have to remote the oil filter to clear swaybar.

Cool, I'll do some digging in my Supra docs for the fuel interfacing and CEL.

BTW you have a couple of PM's.....

yes stock ecu, lexus loom long enough for ecu to mount in same location,just added speedo sensor wires from gearbox,rewire alternator were to short,yes had to bypass fuel control,cant seem to get a trigger from ecu ? everthing else works fine.i do get the check engine light coming on because of no auto signal fault 85 any ideas? and i did have to remote the oil filter to clear swaybar.

Thats weird, my oil filter fits in perfectly, clears the sway bar fine.

Thats weird, my oil filter fits in perfectly, clears the sway bar fine.

really whats your motor from. i had the rear remote type.but in the way for extractors then the angle forward type,then the straight out the side,all no good.is there another? i found there are two types of alloy ears for the round engine mounts too.

1-5/8 pipe for the primaries to 3 inch collector on extractors,stays 3 inch to single 3 inch with two mufflers.

samme size primaries as me, look real good. your sencondaries are pretty large to be honest (twin 3inch), any reason for this? also alot of people say even a single 3inch is on the large size for a n/a 1uz

hey guys,found this on trade me thinking about buying.do u think its suitable

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Jaguar/auction-105017442.htm?p=2

Jordy's Ski Boat (and others) have run that Jaguar combo before, and in Jordy's case it worked particularly well because he was using very cool river water and running it only once through the exchangers.

I think V8Supra was running that combo in his MKIII Supra? And JustenGT8 just picked up one of those setups from Peter Scott to try out.

The general trend seems to be moving away from the Eatons and going to the screw setups, however. Over where you are, you should be able to get a reasonable deal on an Opcon-Autorotor?

NuiStyles, about your fuel system problem - I'm pretty sure the Supra ECU outputs a 5v PWM signal on the FPC line, which is pin 22A.

This goes to the Fuel Pump ECU (which I'm also pretty sure is nothing more than a large solid state relay) which controls the 12v to the fuel pump. At idle, the FPC signal is very low, so the Fuel Pump ECU outputs only about 9v to the fuel pump, to minimise fuel circulation.

Under high load and boost conditions, the FPC signal approaches 5v and the Fuel Pump ECU output follows that and goes to 12v.

Note, I have not confirmed with a scope that this is the way the OEM system works, however functionally, I'm nearly certain this is correct.

In looking at the Lexus ECU schematic, it appears it uses the same system, so it should work for the Supra fuel pump ECU. Maybe someone else here (Sideshow?) would have some ideas?

I use a standalone AEM EMS in my Supra and I implemented a similar PWM strategy for my system, but using my own components, plus put in a Kenne Bell voltage booster system for those occasions when I'm at WOT and need more fuel than a single stock pump normally delivers. I basically have three levels of PWM'd voltage going to my single fuel pump 8.5-9.5 volts at idle and low load, 12 volts for low boost, and 16 volts for high boost.

really whats your motor from. i had the rear remote type.but in the way for extractors then the angle forward type,then the straight out the side,all no good.is there another? i found there are two types of alloy ears for the round engine mounts too.

I dont know where the motor is from, I just know its a rear sumped version with a single pin round mount. Everything clears fine, sump, oil filter, headers... you sure you dont have the middle positiion? Its supposed to be pretty close to the rear.

I dont know where the motor is from, I just know its a rear sumped version with a single pin round mount. Everything clears fine, sump, oil filter, headers... you sure you dont have the middle positiion? Its supposed to be pretty close to the rear.

yes motor was a mid sump with rear remote filter brought a incomplete rear sump motor and swapped sumps and filter housing.everything else clears no problems.

NuiStyles, about your fuel system problem - I'm pretty sure the Supra ECU outputs a 5v PWM signal on the FPC line, which is pin 22A.

This goes to the Fuel Pump ECU (which I'm also pretty sure is nothing more than a large solid state relay) which controls the 12v to the fuel pump. At idle, the FPC signal is very low, so the Fuel Pump ECU outputs only about 9v to the fuel pump, to minimise fuel circulation.

Under high load and boost conditions, the FPC signal approaches 5v and the Fuel Pump ECU output follows that and goes to 12v.

Note, I have not confirmed with a scope that this is the way the OEM system works, however functionally, I'm nearly certain this is correct.

In looking at the Lexus ECU schematic, it appears it uses the same system, so it should work for the Supra fuel pump ECU. Maybe someone else here (Sideshow?) would have some ideas?

I use a standalone AEM EMS in my Supra and I implemented a similar PWM strategy for my system, but using my own components, plus put in a Kenne Bell voltage booster system for those occasions when I'm at WOT and need more fuel than a single stock pump normally delivers. I basically have three levels of PWM'd voltage going to my single fuel pump 8.5-9.5 volts at idle and low load, 12 volts for low boost, and 16 volts for high boost.

so do you think the fpr or fc wire on the crown ecu would work to power the fuel pump ecu ?

samme size primaries as me, look real good. your sencondaries are pretty large to be honest (twin 3inch), any reason for this? also alot of people say even a single 3inch is on the large size for a n/a 1uz

just seemed a shame to down size,also got told it would drone,but it doesnt.as soon as we get a fine day will post a video clip if u like!