V8 Lexus Conversion > 1994 Toyota Hilux (Manual)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

MRF-Dru

Hi All,

A few of the guys i know from another forums put me onto this one to get some help with my conversion. The plan is to put a V8 Lexus into my 1994 Toyota Hilux and replace the 22R 2.4L petrol engine that is in it right now.

Im going to be talking to my mate's mechanic this weekend on what i need to have done to the car before i can put the new engine in but im not 100% sure he will know either as he has only done Holden v6 / v8 conversions before.

Im based in Brisbane, Australia and any help or information would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Andrew

Andrew,
Depending on which transmission you are going to use there are two options I know of locally for you. CRC and Dellow make 1UZ bellhousings/adapters for Toyota transmissions. I got mine, 1uz to R151f from Dellow. Flywheel, ring gear for the starter, bearings, clutch fork etc. The R151F 5 speed is stock in my truck so it was easy. Which 1UX engine you have?

Andrew..I have a question for you regarding your front end..Are you running the standard hilux axle diff assembly and with the manual box ,have you managed to cook your clutch yet?,also what size tyres are you running...thing is over here the biggest clutch you can get is a 9 1/2 "(might be able to squeese a 10"in) and in competions these are clearly not strong enough..which is why i was thinking a LS1 and get a 12 1/2 'clutch and with that combo i need a stronger front end..hilux will thro it toys outta the cot with that amount torque..lol
Can you let me know if you have thrashed it hard :saeek: or just drive like a nana..?:flowers1:
Cheers....hehe

Big,
My truck is 2WD with IFS and struts. The clutch is a one ton from Dellow. Sorry to say, my project has had so many twists and turns the engine build is just now starting. My rebuild parts have been shipped from Lextreme and due in this week. It is the R151R tranny with 295 R45 20 tires.