1994 Toyota Supra - 1UZFE Conversion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

NuiStyles

here are some pics of my na supra swap to 1uz.using rear sump with soarer mounts, supra five speed with adapter plate to auto bell housing will bolt straight to both cross members,meant to be! car goes and sounds great.
DSC01368.JPG

DSC01369.JPG

DSC01411.JPG

Lexus%20V8.jpg

supra%20pics%20017.jpg

More To Come

Attachments

• IMG_0510.JPG
    IMG_0510.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0511.JPG
    IMG_0511.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0513.JPG
    IMG_0513.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 148
Looks fantastic, and love the color - is it the Supra Royal Sapphire Pearl? I own a '97 RSP hardtop Supra that your engine would look great in ;-) I'd planned to paint the plastic bits on my 1UZ pretty much the same color as you have.

I'm amazed you were able to get the headers to fit - did you have to "relieve" a few areas? Was the decision to go with a single exhaust driven by the lack of space under the car, or was it personal preference?

Really a nice job - please post more pics and more info about your swap and how the car goes, etc.

Looks fantastic, and love the color - is it the Supra Royal Sapphire Pearl? I own a '97 RSP hardtop Supra that your engine would look great in ;-) I'd planned to paint the plastic bits on my 1UZ pretty much the same color as you have.

I'm amazed you were able to get the headers to fit - did you have to "relieve" a few areas? Was the decision to go with a single exhaust driven by the lack of space under the car, or was it personal preference?

Really a nice job - please post more pics and more info about your swap and how the car goes, etc.

Hey Thanks for the comment
The blue was mixed up by my son its a toyota rav4 Blue
yeah the exhaust was personal preference, yeah headers fit good do not have to relieve any areas, left side header will unbolt inplace, right side rear cross member has to come off to remove

will have more info, pictures soon :D

Looks like you could park a Mini in the space left between the motor and the radiator. Notice any changes in the handling of the car?

Looks like hood closure works, but only just. Mine will have a low profile Richwood intake, plus an Opcon-Autorotor SC. I was hoping to have no hood interference, but.......

What sort of engine management are you using?

Looks like you could park a Mini in the space left between the motor and the radiator. Notice any changes in the handling of the car?

Looks like hood closure works, but only just. Mine will have a low profile Richwood intake, plus an Opcon-Autorotor SC. I was hoping to have no hood interference, but.......

yeah lots of room :p havint driven car much but seems to handle fine :D ( will get sum video clips shortly ) Standerd Engine Management at the moment

Wow, great project! Love those headers! Its great to see a MK4 with a 1UZ, thanks so much for sharing!

hood clearance has 15mm, so want to sc too! only a matter of time. i changed front lower arm bushes and fitted a solid swaybar with new links during engine swap. car handles much better less weight and more torque responds from low rpm so much better.just pulls out of corners.

yeah its the w58 box and torsion diff.

Interesting.....in the US the 5spd W58 doesn't get much respect from the NA Supra owners who turbo their motors. It'll be interesting to follow both yours and e-solver's projects to see if the W58 will handle the torque of the 1UZ, especially once it's FI'd.

Did you keep the stock 1UZ ECU for this? What sort of interfacing problems did you run into with the Supra harnesses, fuel pump control, etc.?

As you can see, you've generated a lot of interest with your conversion. It's good to have someone here who's been there, done it, and is willing to talk about it.

I have actually gone for the R154 box, but the W series gets used here to great success on higher HP cars. Total contradiction to what the US guys seem to find youre right! I would have used the W series on an NA 1UZ, but thought got the the step up for the turbo project.