Wont start

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Michelle.s.lexus

I was driving my 2002 Lexus RX300 and all of the sudden it kind of like chugged I guess you could say and my oil light flashed and then all of the worning lights flashed and the car just died and I coasted to the shoulder and a puff of smoke came from the engine and it would not start I would turn the key and it would just click and the lights and the inside lights still work. I looked under the car and there was a good sized spot of oil on the ground and it's been a couple days and I haven't brought it to the shop because I don't really have the money so I was hoping to get an idea of what I can do and see if I could save myself some money by having a friend work on it. Please answer if you have any idea. I charged the battery and it started clicking when you then the key but that's about it.

I think you need to identify where the spot of oil came from. is it a leak or a gapping hole in the side of the engine?

With the starter clicking with a fully charged battery it could be a few issues but I'd lean toward a locked engine as the oil light came on before it stopped and it may had seized.

The only way you will know is get your friend to have a look at it and verify the engine still rotates.