Tranny leaks fluid, Help !!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

stevechumo

I've found my tranny on my SC400 is leaking fluid badly. I thought it leaks slow but after 4 months after I had it full, I checked the dipstick and its tip barely had any fluid. I then re-filled the tranny up to half way between the cold and hot range on the dip stick while the engine is hot.

The tranny oil pan's seal is not leaking. I replaced it 4 months ago. I couldn't find the exact spot where it leaks. It seems to be somewhere near the dipstick's housing entering the tranny fluid pan. But it's not right at that spot. The leak seems to be higher. So I'm asking for help on this problem. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Any info. is greatly appreciated.

Its possible your dipstick O-ring is bad and it can slowly leak. However, this problem is rare. If you can pin point the leak, its much easier to solve. If the leak is above the tranny dipstick, then its possible its the tranny oil pan leaks. Are you loosing engine oil too?

http://lextreme.com/tran.html

Oops... wrong link earlier.

Thanks David. Yes, that could be the O-ring of the stick, but as I looked, the leak is above the oil pan and drips down on the dipstick. And the dipstick is away from the pan so that makes me crazy. I'm sure the oil pan seals pretty good, and there's no leak around the seal.

Also, the pistons, rods, pins, rings, bolts that you have are really awesome. I love them. Once I tear my SC apart for more boost, those babies have to be inside the engine. My goal is to run a low boost first, and then if everything works correctly, then I'll go nuts.