Thicker headgaskets

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

oneeyefrail

Hi peeps,in the process of getting everything ready for this 1uzfe conversion to turbo etc....I found on a post here that SCE gaskets can supply the thicker copper gasket (to help lower the compression )however i ve emailed them but havent had anything back from them...,can anyone advise if they still do it or is there anywhere else i can get them ,cheers

Unless SCE can make you one in the ICS Titan series otherwise I wouldnt use copper. Why you might ask.

1. You have to use sealant with copper gaskets
2. Need retorqueing while the engine is warm
3. Possible fluid leak with copper.

You should consider MLS. There was one for sale in our classified ads section.

Hi peeps,in the process of getting everything ready for this 1uzfe conversion to turbo etc....I found on a post here that SCE gaskets can supply the thicker copper gasket (to help lower the compression )however i ve emailed them but havent had anything back from them...,can anyone advise if they still do it or is there anywhere else i can get them ,cheers
The disadvantage of thicker copper head gasket is you must re-torque it after you run it, otherwise, it won't seal. The advantage of the steel thicker head gasket is you don't have to re-torque it. I'd go for the the steel gasket. I think you can find the thick steel gasket on Lextreme's product section.