The project begins.....3UZ in a 06 Tacoma DC

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

TacoV8

Just picked up my Taco's new drivetrain. It's a 2003 SC430 engine, trans, wiring, and ecu with 14k miles. I'll be installing it once my current project is complete. I'll have lots of questions along the way. My first question is: Has anyone definatively determined if a 2UZ supercharger will bolt to a 3UZ engine without cutting, welding, or fabbing? TRD doesn't know/won't tell. Various other opinions range from "Yes, No, Maybe" to "Buy one check it out and let us know". Anyone know of a wrecked 05 or 06 V8 4Runner or GX470 at a junkyard? I'll need an engine harness, airbox, and a few other miscellaneous items. I could buy new at the dealer but it'd nickle and dime me to death. In short, it's going to be a fun project and a fun daily driver. All input is welcome/encouraged.

Thanks man, copartfinder.com is a good one too, it's just that some yards think their stuff is gold. Deals can be had though if you look hard enough.

I went to S&S Headers in Phoenix today to check out their Tundra and Lexus headers. The Tundra ones are long tube and look like they will work on the Taco with little or no mods and the Lexus ones are direct fit replacements for factory manifolds. The guy said a set of the Lexus headers were dynoed by a customer and were worth 20+ hp at the rear wheels. Hmmmm....add a better cat back and who knows.