The Battle of the 5.7

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
How would Toyota stack up against the good old boys like the Ford (351W (5.7L) and Dodge 5.7L. The numbers looks very good for the Toyota.
attachment.php

You know I would prefer the Chevy 5.7 LS1 engine over all those other motors by far... It would also cost less when buying used... It wouldn't even be a second thought when comparing for performance....That is the best 5.7 liter motor for the money...

What about the infinity Q45 engine? That's also reasonably priced used motor that stacks in comparison to the other motors.. Probably the second best bang for the buck when comparing to the cheap used price of the 4.0 liter 1uz-fe's...

The Tundra 5.7 motor is a very nice motor no dought and probably a better motor then the Vortec, Trinton, and even the Hemi even though those are all strong block motors... That's just my opinion...

Kills *all* of the vortec engine's also. Especially the new ones with the BS 4 second closed-loop at WOT. wow... Horrible!
The Nissan engine is great also.
Sorta hard to compair against the LS's. I would imagine you could get alittle more power with a bigger powerband unmodified FI on the 3ur-fse. It's definately better economy & far higher technology, but if you were buying & rebuilding the LS would be sooo much cheaper.

The good newst, IMHO is that in 5 years they'll be real cheap to buy & play with. Toyota engines used are abit pricy, but not too bad once thre is a big supply. Plus, so high a percentage of Tundra's are being sold with them now. It'll take awhile but they'll wreck some of them!

the new V8s by toyota seem more than a bit porky. the 1UR and 3UR both have great power and great fuel mileage, but they can't stand up to the power to weight ratio that the LS series engines get. i the UR series would be so much better if they lost some weight.

381HP and 400lbs/ft of torque...

no need to add blower or whatever anymore, just do a swap!

i don't beleive in this super gaz milleage. My brother has a 2005 tundra with the 281HP 2UZ. best milleage he gets is 16L/100km.

another guy who i work with bought a 4 door Tacoma V6. best gaz milleage is 14L/100km.

I'd watch the 5.6 Nissan and also the 4.0 Nissan. don't forget the 4.0 Nissan pushes 270HP compared to the 238 from the tacoma.

where is that 4.7 liter version of the UR series??? still waiting...