sc400 vs. porsche 911

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

1992sc400

The other night i went out for a drive along with my dad, kinda a little weekend tradition. He was in his 03 porsche 911 convertible and i was in my 1992 sc400. We were out on the bypass and got a red, i reved on him and as did he. Before i knew it the light was green i floored it and pulled ahead about one and a half car lengths and he was right behind me. Both of our cars were screaming. The best part about this was he could not catch me until we hit about 110 than we started to even out. My sc has very little work done but it does the job.

My wife's standard 1971 2.2litre 911 does 0-100 in 6.5 seconds. This is the time in the owners manual.

Interestingly this is the identical time for her 2003 Mercedes CLK500. Again out of the owners manual.

An 03 Porsche will knock a minimum 0.75 secs off the old car which makes 5.75. Probably 5 seconds flat is the real figure.

No SC400 without 450+HP will do that time.

Did you Dad have his walking frame with him in the car?

point out to your dad there there are gears below forth. that should be used for launching.
might sound harsh but just like the others i beieve it ain't going to happen.
for you first post you arn't getting a good welcome.
i hope you stick around we are not always so harsh.

I have a few mods which i thought could have been the deciding factor maybe he didnt have it on the floor like he said he did. I have an after market torque converter, kyb gr2 struts i forget what type of spring it is, intake, exhaust, chip,head work, trans work and trans computer work plus little extras. I am going for a dyno test in a week or so, ill post my results a.s.a.p.

that is a mod that i havn't seen much of did you buy it like that or do it your self. i would be interested in what kind of gains it made. did the valves get replaced?

Here is the story, my uncle works at an auto parts dealer and i asked him where he thought i could get some head work done. He said he didnt know of a place that knew lexus to well. He told me of a local guy that had done head work to his past cars and told me to take my car and see what he would say. So i got his name and number and went to this small, tiny shop but it had everything and he said he had some idea of what he could do and since my uncle said this guy knew his **** i told him to do wat he could without putting me in a cash flow problem. He did what he could as listed above but part of the cometition valve job was knew valves.

1992sc400 said:
I have a few mods which i thought could have been the deciding factor maybe he didnt have it on the floor like he said he did. I have an after market torque converter, kyb gr2 struts i forget what type of spring it is, intake, exhaust, chip,head work, trans work and trans computer work plus little extras. I am going for a dyno test in a week or so, ill post my results a.s.a.p.
Did you get your dyno done? I am curious to learn the results you got after the valve job and other mods you had done...

Ryan

I had to make an a appointment for my dyno run b/c there is only 1 that is near me and it is a little more expensive than I thought so ill post once I get the results.

New Carrera has 300hp,258tq, weighs alot more than a '71, they'll run in the thirteens allowed by the decent traction that a rear engined car with a modern suspension can provide.
I pulled a guy in a late model Carrera on the way home yesterday, felt pretty good since I'm usually driving an old Corolla to work.
He wasn't losing too badly until I hit the sweet spot around 90-something(torque peak), then I noticed he had backed off when I was doing over 100. I tuned the car for 70 degree weather, and that's just what it was. I need to dyno my car sometime, maybe my friends shop will get one soon.
Need to get those Supra brakes on there also; car shakes like a minivan when you get on the brakes hard at those speeds.

That sc400 better with a few mods (those few mods better include a Supercharger, Turbo, or nos) to beat a 911, those cars rip, are light hell, and are hard to beat even with air forced induction. Something smells fishy