SC400 door handle broken?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibbby

Can anyone tell me how the outside driverside door handle connects to the locking door mechanism?

My door handle free floats and does nothing.. You pull up on it and there is nothing... I have the door competely disasembled now and connot figure this out... It looks like something disconnected or something...

I have to open and close the door from the inside of the car for now...

Any suggestions would be helpful...Although I don't expect much response on this internal door and lock problem but I thought I would ask anyway..

the door handle should have two rods coming up from the lock area,they will snap into a plastic retainer that snaps over the rod.they suck to get back in.i took mine out when i painted my car and they fought me for a while and ive been a bodyman for 17 years.hope this helps a little

Traps...Thanks but I see the two cords coming from the plastic door handle inside the car...I am talking about the metal handle located outside the car door... It rotates up, and there is no connection to the locking mechanism.. It just does nothing on my driver side door...

It's actually hard to get to, because it sits way up in the door corner behind the metal door panelling...Any tips on what to look for would be appreciated...

if you pull the plastic back in the back of the door where the latch is there will be two rods coming out of there going to the handle some times they pop out of the plastic retainers.they are a pain to get to

Ok thanks traps ...I am going with the grinder machine and cut bit to cut away the door sheet metal to access those two rods on the door... They are definetely a pain in the neck to get too... Reduce a little door weight and strength in the process..

I am hoping one of the rods just popped out of the plastic retainers like you said.... Thanks agian Traps...

A quick update... After cutting away the door panelling on the inside of the door with a grinder I was able to access and see the entire outside door handle and mechenisms... The outside driver door latch has one solid connecting rod that hooks up directly with the side door locking latch.. So when the door handle is lifted from outside the solid rod moves up and down to open and close the side door locking mechanism... The solid rod was off and disconnected and the plastic holding piece was broken on my door... I re-attached the connecting rod with gorilla glue (supposedly the strongest glue in the world).. I will wait and give it a day to dry and then see if it is a fix that will hold up....

There is a plastic housing piece at the end of the rod that broke and cracked which made the rod dislodge....I guess I could have run to dealer to get that little plastic part replaced, but instead I am trying the glue Jerry rig technique..

This glue fix could bite me in the arse later on, but I must try anyway... I can always get the replacement part at the dealer later on.

Thanks Lex, I think I got it going on...

That's funny just today the glue didn't hold up and rod displaced again...Luckily, I didn't put back all the door moulding crap on yet... I will hit up the dealer Monday for the $10 plastic holding piece to get it right...

I don't think I got your last PM Steve... I got your previous PM's on the super charger stuff...Thanks for the input as it really helped me on making my final boost decision...

That's funny just today the glue didn't hold up and rod displaced again...Luckily, I didn't put back all the door moulding crap on yet... I will hit up the dealer Monday for the $10 plastic holding piece to get it right...

I don't think I got your last PM Steve... I got your previous PM's on the super charger stuff...Thanks for the input as it really helped me on making my final boost decision...
What a coincidence! My passenger door broke again and I couldn't open the door from outside just today. :mad1: I gotta buy it again.

The PM that I sent you is the big meet that we'll hang around this Sunday at 1 p.m. If you can come and check out my car, David's SC470, and James's car, and that'll be fun. Here's the link to the meet: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330386

I haven't seen you for awhile so I think you may get taller....LOL.

You know what Steve, I had locked my car keys inside my car and had to call a locksmith a year ago to shimmy it open..The smith worked on the same door that is giving me problems...I think that act bent the rod a little bit and caused the rod to later dislodge and the plastic holding piece to break...Did you ever have your door shimmied open before? I would think those plastic holding pieces should not break unless that push rod was previosly tampered with and or altered or slightly bent out of shape thus causing more stress on the holding piece.......Maybe, maybe not...

That's funny we both have the same problem...Oh the Irony of it all...

Attachments

• P1010936.JPG
    P1010936.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 289
  • P1010938.JPG
    P1010938.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 277