SC clusters

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Does anyone know if the SC300 and SC400 instrument clusters are interchangeable? I would imagine they are different for the tach circuit unless the tach calibration is external to the cluster.

Thanks,
MP

If somone has the time -please answer my question above. I am asking because I have a good SC300 cluster with perfect needles and I have a SC400 with intermittent needles. I would like to swap them out and then use the 400 cluster to make a digital cluster out of.

I have built a vacuum tube cluster for my Ford Probe GT and I absolutely love it and so now I would like to do the same for my SC400.

Thanks!

MP

800-600_Digital-01.jpg

800-600_Digital-02.jpg

Last edited:
there is no calibration, it's just a standard 6 cylinder tach that gets it's signal from the distributer in the sc300's case. or a 4 cylinder tach from the ignitors on the sc400

there is no calibration, it's just a standard 6 cylinder tach that gets it's signal from the distributer in the sc300's case. or a 4 cylinder tach from the ignitors on the sc400
So then -I guess the plan would be to remove the working needles and such from the SC300 and put them into the SC400 cluster and then use the SC300 cluster as the project housing.

P.S. How much do you know about the needles? I think I have heard that they have a power supply that can go bad. If so -is it internal or external to the cluster? I am sorry for asking so many questions but I am just an infant in the 1UZ world and I haven't gotten my SC shop electrical manual yet. -But it will be coming shortly -hopefully -if I find one I can afford on ebay.

Thanks!

MP

Last edited: