Nitrous backfire = rodknock?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

gixxer750

cheap pushbuttons are no good.

Turned the arm switch on at idle, and apparently the pushbutton was stuck a little bit.

I had a little backfire... Popped all the vac lines off the intake and did a little other damage including bending the throttle body butterfly backwards.

Got it all fixed, and fired it up, and I've got rodknock now. WTF?

Rod knock? If nothing is broken and its making a racket you might have a spun bearing. Can you describe the sound/behavior a bit more? What motor and what size of a shot are you running?

Attachments

• nozzles_01_sm1.JPG
    nozzles_01_sm1.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 133
arm switch wasn't the problem. The activation switch/push button was the problem.

I should have had a WOT switch on it... but I didn't.

Engine is a 1992 SC400 engine with 73K miles. Shot was currently jetted at 75 wet.

It is def rod knock/spun bearing.

I'll be pulling it out this weekend. Screw the nitrous, I'm putting this vortec S trim on it.

The Centrifugal blowers are much easier on the motor/trans and you'll have it up and running for very very cheap if you already have the blower. Your SC should support 8-9psi max and at that level you'll be looking at way more BHP than the 75 shot your currently running.

Yep I know on the sc setup. I've got an intercooler and piping laying around. I've also got an emanage hanging out here somewhere. If need be I've got injectors also. This car only weighs 2200 lbs so it doesn't need a lot of power to move