New and confused......

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JamesD

First off let me start by saying hello. I live in the eastern part of the U.S., New York to be exact. I have found this forum through Twisty_toy94 on Yotatech.com. The vehicle that brought me here is my 93 2wd pickup or Hilux for you. I have recently purchased a engine and transmission out of a wrecked 2000 Toyota tundra with the 4.7 V8. Now I have searched on this site and have found some answers but I'am confuesed on the info I read. Most of the info that I looked up was pro's and con's and some no definite answers. So here I go.

First off I want to go with a manual transmission. No V160, it isn't happening, to rare and expensive over here. R154? Yeah right find one! What I do have is a Mustang T-5, Tremec TKO 2, W55 and a W58. Of the 4 transmissions, the Tremec is the strongest by far. I want to use that or the T5 since parts are easily to come by. Now the Tundra's here never came with a manual transmission so I have to find a flywheel. I read that you can use a 1uzfe off a newer 98+ model car or something like that. Next is the throttle by wire. If I disconnect it and fabricate a lever, will this put the computer into a "limp home" mode?

Thanks, James

google dellow automotive and it will give you a list of transmissions it has adapter kits for. i see r154 go cheap on ebay all the time so that shouldn't be a problem. throttle by wire, i have no clue.

ditch the 2UZ computer completely, run an aftermarket computer and a 1UZ-style cable TB - makes for much easier tuning and converting.

have a search for the "1UZFE into hilux engine mounts" thread too - that should help should the 2UZ mounts be similar in position.

Well this motor isn't going to be high performance. The only modifications it will have is exhaust and thats it. I really don't want to make this into a high horsepower since it will be expensive and harder to do. I have a 347 Ford stroker kit sitting in my garage and I could have used the Ford motor but I wanted to try something different. Thanks for the info. I will search.

James

the only reason i suggest this is to save the headaches of wiring a 2UZ harness into a hilux and getting the fly-by-wire TB to hook up properly.

the new Renesis RX8s have a fly by wire throttle on the 13Bs, and over here they are ALL ditched for a std cable operated TB and converted to aftermarket computer, be it a mild streeter or a full on drag car. why? because it's simply not worth the headache.

if you already had a 2UZ computer, i'd say give it a shot and see what happens. but you could be, quite realistically, up for more money trying to get the stock computer to run the 2UZ in that situation rather than just converting to a cable TB and aftermarket computer.

I'm not too worried about the fly by wire. I can rig something up. How much am I looking at for this stand alone system? You can use your dollars probably because no one here in the states is going to have it.

James

sorry man, i thought it was cheaper than that the way they advertise, those aus systems can reach into the 2,000 range.

Attachments

• p140078_image_large.jpg
    p140078_image_large.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 20