nakamichi LS400 1998

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fastegg

does anyone know if a nakamichi head unit will do a straight exchange for the standard one ? Are they any better ?

Attachments

• 1uz4wds.jpg
    1uz4wds.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 99
nakamichi head unit

a schematic what ?...... i just wanted to know if the 1998 nakamichi head unit / amp etc are interchangable with the standard LS400 item.....

nakamichi head unit

i understand..... i was hoping you could just unplug one and plug in the other.......
.... from what ive read on the forum, the nakamichi stuff is worth the effort....
.. have you ever heard the difference from the standard to the nakamichi ?

nakamichi

no i havent heard one, but in my opinion, sound qualiy can be improved by amp power and/or better speakers.

very likely to drop in the stock nak speakers and sub then run a 4 channel amp w/ high level inputs and a 1 or chnalle bridgeable amp for the sub.

from what i call tell, the nak would require an amp to power speakers

nakamichi

i understand.... idealy i would like to have a complete nakamichi system.....
head unit, CD player, amp (280W i believe) and speakers.... I love good sound like i love horse power.... The standard system is pretty good but i know it could be better...

98 to 99 audio wiring on plugs is different also there are extra wires that are on the nakamichi but not on the pioneer

Last edited:
Well, if my 91 is representative, its NOT a plug and play deal.. Speakers, amps etc. all seem to be different. I have the Nach out (made mine a race car).. I pitched all the speakers though as the cones were brittle.