Main Bearing...?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Big

Hiya guys..just your thoughts on a front sump lex..doing hill climbs and Oil draining from the pickup area to back of engine..would this be a concern..?or would i best to try get a rear lex..?

Cheers

Try to think about it in the oposite way.

A rear sump may suffer starvation going down hill.

Same problem just a different direction of travel.

Check the 2UZ it isn't exactly mid or rear sump.

I would experiment and see if it loses pressure on a very steep climb.

Think of it like this...rear sumpa is under pressure when going up hill...hence it NEEDS oil at this stage.. front sumpa going down hill will most probably be not under pressure and is most likely not to have any damage..where as the rear under pressure would..

At this stage i'm thinking of a remote oil setup.. as i'm going to have to have a remote oil filter anyway..sort of like running a dry pump but not..:006:

If you're going down a real hill (read hanging off your seatbelt) the engine is under al ot of load holding the car back.

Same deal in reverse to going up the same hill.

well i guess it doesn't matter which you have..but I have noticed that almost all 4x4's are rear sumped..if not all are.Looks like i can just go with wut i can get at the time i need it..hehe

Cheers

Mid's seem to hit on IFS and SA trucks. The rear seems to work for some SA trucks and usually a front for the IFS trucks.

I would be interested in your remote setup. I am looking at doing something similar myself, definitely remote filter but also thinking of a remote resourviour.

Matt.

Attachments

• 1uzassembly23.JPG
    1uzassembly23.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 8