Lexus LS400 New rims But rubbing is occurring. 18/9 rear and 18/8 in front

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

nyxtopouli

Hi everyone I would be greatly appreciated if someone can help me.

I have a 1990 Lexus LS400, I used to have the air suspension option but replaced them a year ago with the strutmasters kit, (normal Strut and Springs). After putting on my new rims everything worked out great intitally, but the moment I add weight in the rear rubbing of the rear wheels occurs against the well and the fender as well. Rubbing occurs only when there are slight dips in the rode, but this becomes a problem because it eats away the tread on my tires.

Now I think I have three options,

• Is there a way to tighten the suspension and spring in the rears from the struts that I bought from strut masters.
  • Or I can by two new air struts from arnott in the rear only and keep the struts in the front, since they don’t have a set for the front. (would this option work and belief no rubbing will occur.)
  • Is there another set of strut and springs I can by that will work?

I hope you can respond quickly because I don’t know what to do.

Thanks in advance Philippe.

Few thigns u can do.

1. Your Rims are too wide
2. Add few spacers on the strut to bring it higher
3. Roll your fender.

NOTE: I think add few spacers is the cheapest and easiest.

well

i have standard celsior gaurds, 10 inch on the rear and 9 inch on the front, air suspension and i can dump it to the bumpstops without rubbing. it comes close, but like, mm's off

on the 9 inchs i have 225/40 r18 tyres and on the 10's i have 235/40 r18. These are mega stretched, nowhere will want you to do this, but its the only way my rims would fit. By the way, they are +22 offset. If i had any other rubber on there, it would rub/not lower