Lexus LF-A maybe the design for the 2007 supra??????

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

lowboost

1.jpg

Lexus LF-A concept
Vehicle: Lexus LF-A concept
Engine: High-output double overhead cam V-8
Horsepower: More than 500 hp
Height: 48.0 inches
Width: 73.2 inches
Length: 173.2 inches

Talk about yummy!

There was talk awhile back in the Supra community that Toyota/Lexus would be bringing out two new models that would potentially wear the Supra badge.

One would be a low end (relative) car that might have the V6, possibly be FWD, etc. and would hit the $30-40K market.

The other one was a V8 or V10 powered supercar with a super price tag of around $150K. Sort of Toyota's response to the supercars being brought out by the other marques.

These two models sounded and appeared to the Supra community like an upmarket MR2, and a VERY upmarket Supra.

Toyota's PR people have been leaking info on a regular basis, and gauging how the motoring press and enthusiasts react before they release anything for production. I was told two years ago by a high ranking Toyota corporate type, that the company recognises they're building very advanced, but boring cars, and they need the Supra or "something similar" as a flagship if they want to improve their image and attract the upscale market that would otherwise purchase high end German, Italian, or even British cars.

IMHO there's a real credibility gap with Toyota who on the one hand, are fielding a GP team, building engines for other racing series, and probably have one of the best R&D departments in the business, but on the other hand their factories are puking out boring, ugly, grocery-getters and "wannabe" sports cars.

At least if you buy a Ferrari, you have confidence that some of the stuff these guys learned out on the GP track has gone into your car. But if you buy a Camry? Hahahaha

John

I liked the MR-S... They're just too expensive (For me), and had ridiculously too little power. That & the miata owned them. I want to buy & turbo a miata. While I'd love to have an MR-S, I'd still rather buy & turbo a miata! ROTFLMAO! Apparently, so would everyone else as the MR-S tanked.
Toyota needs to build a cheap, sporty coupe. Be thankful the Celica is dead & replaced by the tC & come up with a 25,000-35,000 sports car. Unfortunately... How many can Toyota sell is the age old question. Minus MR2's & Celica's, they really haven't sold that many sports cars that I can think of.
I think Toyota's problem with sports cars has always been that the competition was just too good for what they were trying to do. They simply never could break out of the pack.
Which again... Poses a problem. Toyota has had a habit over the last 10-15 years to create an engine family that is originally overbuilt, then cheapen it over time. So... My thinking is that we won't likely see engines that can take stock power increases like the 2jz-gte.

There was a lot of talk about the LF-A being the new supra. I didn't really believe it a year, or two ago & don't really believe it now. I hope the Supra name comes back. Along with an engine lineage right for that name.

what i find frustrating is that the mr-s needed nothign more than the celica gt-s' 180hp engine to be a very fun to drive good looking sports car.

for the lf-a i heard the rumour about this time last year, at that point it was a concept only car and as far as i know it still is. but abotu 6 months ago when i was talking to one of our visiting toyota execs, and i asked about the killing of the celica and what the hell we were going to sell as a sports car with it gone. although the celica was a pseudo sports car it was better then nothing. with a very very bad poker face and a wink and a nudge he told me they 'might be working on something' thatll turn around their lack of sporty car image. of course as anybody who has any experience with toyota knows, they dont say a word until the day before somethings going to happen (ie. why they havent named crew chiefs of drivers for their upcoming red bull nascar team)

so unfortunately all we can really do is sit, wait and wish.