Lexus Keyless Entry Remotes & Programming Instructions

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

93Miata

What does your local dealer charge for Lexus keyless entry remotes?

My Lexus dealer wants $149 a piece plus $35 for programming for each of my cars (96 SC400, 99 ES300).

I'm curious to see what other dealerships are charging for new remotes and programming.

I'm done with ebay because the listings show new remotes, and 3 out of 3 times I've won - I end up with junk that doesn't work and won't program. First one was superglued together and cracked. Can't check the battery if you can't even open it. Second one was completely corroded inside from water and didn't work. The 3rd one only 1 button worked and it looked like someone tried to superglue the circuit board pieces back together. Each one was advertised as new, or like new and they obviously weren't anywhere close to that. The Keyles Ride site is run by one of those same lying ebay sellers, so thats off the list too.

What does your local dealership charge? I bet there's some that want even more than what mine is charging.

The only place that i know is Lexus Dealer. However, you can get an aftermarket remote/start from Clifford. Ebay key would not work. It needs to be program and cut.

I got my remote from ThePartsYouNeed.com in the mail today. 4 days isn't bad especially when one was a Sunday.

Programming was easy, took about 10 seconds. I can't believe a dealership would charge 1/2 hour of labor for a 10 second job. Thats a good way to lose customers.

Anyhow, the remote works great and when I went to put in an order for remote for the ES I noticed I got free shipping, so I bought a 2nd remote for the SC and a pair for the ES. FINALLY I will have remotes that work and that I can use.

ThePartsYouNeed.com rocks!