introducing myself

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

warthog

hi there ,its a pleassure being a part of such a site .i hope to be of some help aswell as gather as much knowledge of the vehicle i am building.it is a surf 4/runner body 94 prado chassis and a 1uzfe motor.i am a mechanic but have only ever worked on diesel,so this is a new challenge.
body is on chassis engine in and sparky just finished wiring up,tried starting today but have no spark,dont know my way around motor yet any ideas?

Welcome.

You'll find this a friendly Forum. No flaming or name calling. You should enjoy it.

The engine is an outstanding package and beautifully built.

Pity it didn't have at least another litre in capacity but we have what we have.

Commonest cause of no spark is failing to earth the igniters. If they're earthed correctly start checking for power at the igniter plugs and work your way back to the coils.

I assume the engine was running before the conversion?

i have played with diesels ,but not much with petrol so as the motor is will be a big step up in hp,but as human nature goes in time will probably want more out of it.it is an awesome little compact motor .your advice fixed the problem she fired first go ,i am wrapped cause i bought it off trade me,with only the mans word it ran.relief it does!

Right now it's going it's time to bolt on some turbo's or a supercharger.......

Welcome

your a diesel guy, you most likely have plenty of turbo experience and lots of spare parts...
start bolting then up. this should be great