Igniter / Ignitor?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Cobber

looking for some help regarding Igniters for my engine. I am fairly confident that it is a Celsior engine and the plug leads tell me that it is a 1999 model. I have either misplaced the igniters or forgot to pick them up when I went to get the engine. I have turned the shed upside down and still can't find them.

Can anyone confirm what part number igniters I require.
The ECU part number is 89661 50100.

Thanks.

Zuffen said:
Off the top of my head all 1UZ variants use the same igniter.

No not at all. They all look the same but the connectors varies ever so slightly between them over the years. Similar vintage 1UZ's use the same igniter but not always. Toyota seem to update the igniter every 2 or 3 years.

I didn't initially get igniters with my engine(92 UZZ31 Soarer donor) and had a small drama getting igniters that fit. I was lucky that my particular engine used the exact igniters from an Oz spec V6 4Runner of the same vintage and was lucky a wrecker in Perth had a pair of these. The ones I wanted were 89621-12050. Initially I found some 89621-12010 which came from the early Celsior and Crown but wouldn't fit my plugs. Connectors look 95% similar but were not forward compatible but they maybe backward compatible, I don't know.

Back to Cobber, if the ECU that you have, is correct for your engine then your engine is from Nov89-May90 vintage. You need the early igniters 89621-12010. Later Celsior's(91+) than your then switched to the same ignters I have. They change again in 95.

I have the JDM Toyota part catalog on DVD which I use to find out these things. Bloody handy tool.

Your igniter is in some other Toyotas from the same vintage. Like MR2(SW20), Celica(ST185) and Corolla but only particular engines in these cars. It would be the 3S-GTE in the Celica and MR2(I think) and not sure what Corolla engine.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

hmmm,

still a bit confused but I'm getting there. The plug leads must have been replaced in 1999.
I thought the part number I was chasing was 89621 - 12050, and not the 89621 - 12010 as you suggest.

I still haven't given up hope of finding mine they are either in the boot of a friends car or they were on the back of the ride on mower. I've cut the grass since then. . .

Thanks for your help and I will keep looking.

If you can take a good quality end pic close up of your connector(s) and I'll do the same tomorrow(as well as my igniters) when I go into town tomorrow to work on my project.
The pins are the identical, it's just that the locating notch changes ever so slightly so the old 12010 igniter would not slide into into my loom connector. The older ignters are not forward compatible with my later loom but the newer igniters maybe backward compatible with the older loom, which I think you have, though Toyota normally list later parts as SUBS(substitute) for backwards compatibility. They don't with these unfortunately.

Grab me some other electical part numbers of various things off the engine so I can trace them too just to be sure of the engine's vintage.
Do you have the original transmission that came with the engine? There will be a number at the rear(small metal side plate) like 35000-50020(very early number). The trans number changed 4 times from 89-94.

Unfortunately I don't have the older igniters still.

Good luck.

[img=http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/3325/ecu3rl.th.jpg]

[img=http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/469/igniter3fo.th.jpg]

MacroP,

Top work
I would love to take a picture of the plugs, that would mean I would have found my igniters. The loom was cut and the plugs were still attached to the igniters.

Trans number 30 41 LE 35000 500021, the loom also has 1990 on some of the brown wires.