If you could have any transfer case behind a auto which one would you have

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

wortho

Hi all, ive got a FJ40 Landcruiser and just about ready to rip everything back to and including the transfer case. Currently it has a small block chev so the motor, bellhousing, clutch, etc is no good in a conversion to a 1uz and i need some opinions on the best transfer case to get. I think I am heading down this path rather than the flywheel, bellhousing, etc conversion as I only have the std LC 4 speed anyway and it will be also a daily driver.

I have read many many post about the A340F/H transfer however there seems to be a question mark around solenoids still. Also does it require the shafts to be swapped (and therefore requiring a donor tranny as well?)? And does it require an adapter? Does it matter which auto its bolting to either?

Low cost is good, but ease of install to the 1uz auto is best.

Basically, if you could pick any transfer case to attach to any of the 1uz autos which combination would you choose. Thanks for your suggestions this forum rocks!

Easy swap is a surf (mid 90s) transfer case from the auto Surf. You just need to cut the output shaft to the correct length (using an angle grinder) and modify the speed sensor (4 prong) from the 1Uz tranny. This is relatively simple but does need a lathe as it is hardened steel. I have done this in my Hilux conversion and it works fine. The transfer case bolts straight up to the Lexus transmission after you remove its output housing. Some people swap output shafts from the Surf into the Lexus trannie, but you do not need to do that. If you need detailed info, I'm happy to supply. The front tailshaft on the Surf/Hilux comes out on the right hand side of the vehicle. Not sure if your vehicle does the same, though.
Ric