Help for a code 71

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jimt

Hi, I have a 1994 SC400 with TRACS/Check engine light lit.
I pulled the codes and got a 71.
I have changed the wires, plugs, air & fuel filters (what a bear that was) but after two drive cycles, the light returns. The car drives fine.
Is it the dreaded EGR pipe?
How is it changed? The mod is Out of stock. Can it be bypassed?
Any help would be appreciated

Thanks, I live in Kentucky and don't think my SC is Ca spec. Wondering what code 71 is then. It says EGR system malfunction

@gloverman Have a customer who did an EGR delete and confirmed the resistor is installed properly but Code 71 popped up; no performance issues. Left battery disconnected overnight, light comes right back on.

Can you help with what we should check next? If the circuit is closed with that resistor (or would it be open?) then shouldn't the fault code disappear?

Update: the customer has a '95 and this is what worked: It seems that the 6 pin connector is needed to remove the check engine light so I just remounted the EGR system back on with the plate behind it. Similar to the link above and now there is no check engine light.

Added benefit would be for visual smog inspection, right?

There are the early egr which a resistor in the egt temp wire will remove code 71 if it is within the ecu code list, not all ecus will throw the code 71. The later stepper motor version is different and therefore harder to remove code 71. Leaving the egr connected but non functioning is one option. Possibly the same person I pointed out this to on facebook.