FLEXPLATE - TORQUE SETTING FOR BOLTS TO FLYWHHEL

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ALI1UZLUX

Did a search couldn't find anything, my question is;-

What should the flexplate bolts be torqued up to?

I just resized the heading is wrong FLEXPLATE - TORQUE SETTING FOR BOLTS TO FLYWHHEL should say toCRANK

I recently replaced the rear main seal and to do so I had to remove the flex plate which is bolted to the crank.

I'm talking about the flex plate bolts into the crank, (or flywheel in case of manual). What should these bolts be torqued up to with torque wrench?

1 of the bolts let go when I was tightening it. I got it out ok and the thread in the crank is AOK thank god.

I went up to the local Toyota dealership and the guy was like "What is a 1uzfe out of" and then said "What is a Celsior?". He eventually found a part number and ordered 1 in, but was wrong one, it was way to big - looked more like a bell housing bolt. So he reordered, and once again wrong, this time way to small looked like a torque converter to flex plate bolt. Then they gave me the hole import spiel and said unless I have a part number they won't order it.

I went to various nut and bolt shops but they say they don't do flywheel bolts - being that it needs to be grade 11 steel and they only do up to 8.8:banghead:Its really starting to frustrate me.

What I need is to ascertain a part number for Celsior v8 flex plate to crank bolts. Can any one help me out here?

Don't know part number but I think if you asked for LS400 bolts and don't mention 'import' a Lexus dealer would be able to supply.

Are you sure the bolts didn't bottom out and both spacer plates are fitted ?

Don't know part number but I think if you asked for LS400 bolts and don't mention 'import' a Lexus dealer would be able to supply.

Are you sure the bolts didn't bottom out and both spacer plates are fitted ?

Yes, positive. I just over did it when tightening it back up. The actual head of the bolt has stretched away from the body of the bolt! I'm bloody lucky that it didn't snap off inside. I actually thought it had at first.

I've found a dealership that supports imports, and ordered 8 new bolts for "LS400" flex plate. I couldn't find anything for Lexus or Toyota variant in ARP, only for Toyota 4age and 3sgte flywheel / flex plate..... I'll post a part number up when I get them.

The generall rule of thumb that i go buy is, i dont tell the parts guys what im up to. just tell them make and model of a car that has the correct part and ofcorse a car that is accually available in my area, no oddball cars they have to ask me what it is.

life is so much simpler if you live by that rule when modifying cars useing parts from other cars.