FAT Manifold

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Anyone have this manifold? Very interesting product. How much is it?
Lexus%20blower%20manifold%20(6).jpg

HQ7.JPG

Thinking about getting one for a twin screw project.

Attachments

• masked.jpg
    masked.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 83
  • red1.jpg
    red1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 84
  • red2.jpg
    red2.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 103
  • 1stcoat.jpg
    1stcoat.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 2ndcoat.jpg
    2ndcoat.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 83
  • paintedshell.jpg
    paintedshell.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 81
  • painted.jpg
    painted.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 99
  • exhaust.jpg
    exhaust.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 83
Hey Guys, I've been a reader here for a few years now, never posted, never signed up (even though I was evolved in the last piston GP). But this time I couldn't stay silent.

I've dealt with FAT in the past, even purchased one of Danny's Supercharger Manifolds (amongst other things) and without bringing up too much bad old history, I've just got to warn you....

Your better off finding the original designer/manufacturer of this manifold and get it at better price and actually purchase it off someone who understands the limits, construction and application of the product they are selling.

Sorry if I over stepped the bounds here or stepped on anyones toes.

BTW: You wana make me an offer for my Twin Screw, Manifold & Exhaust headers Lex? ;o)

I was thinking have my brother (Machinist work with Autocad and Solidworks) to design me a manifold CNC from a big block of alumimum. What do u you guys think? 2k is just too much. Soarin, tell us more about your experience with FAT. That way we can stay away.

Its a Terra Roots blower Miles.

Geeze Lex, where do I start and how many pages can fit in one post.

To sum things up, FAT is (run by) a guy named Danny Williams, who has been in the supercharging game for quite some time now, and is current affiliated with an Australia University. The trouble is that most of his experience is with holden (GM) engines, and we I say experience , I think it is more with sales than with technical knowledge.

I met Danny when I took my car to get an EMS installed for my plans of turboing my soarer ( a bit of a co-incidnece that he happened to be there at the time ). Now I had seen his "supposed" 800HP SC Soarer on the net and had read a bit about the JetBoat that he had done, and he started telling me all about how much more horse power he could give me and the better driveablity I would have $ for $ with a supercharger over a turbo setup. So being the power hunrgy chump that I am, having a man using an 800HP setup as a job reference, I took him up on it..... yadda yadda yadda.... months later, after heaps of teething trouble (with this supposedly better than standard kit) I end up with a SC Soarer with about 5 more KW than the kits done for half the price (only later did I find out why). Well, during this time the very confident Danny (at the start) started to become the very bewildered, don't know whats wrong and worst of all, knew nothing about Soarers ( and I don't just mean about Engine and Performance, it was as if it was the first time he had ever been in a Soarer, knew nothing about ie the electric steering column, TV screen, the interior lights, miirors or the Suspension switch in the boot) and worst of all started to always let me ring out to voice mail.

Look, I can go on an on forever (heaps of crap I've left out), in the end it turned out the jet boat was done by a group of other guys with him, and the 800HP soarer was never 800HP and the guy that had designed the supercharger setup, Manifolds and all had left FAT because of his even worse than my experience with Danny. I had to get that guy to clean out the bugs with my setup.

In summary, Danny is a good man to talk to if you have a Holden Monaro with and LS1(8:1 compression compared to 10:1 seemed to be the hardest thing for him to comprehend). But taking someone else's work and just increasing fuel and PSI and putting in a bunch of superfluous parts (un-needed) to get no increase in power is not how I like to spend my money. He just used me as a geniue Pig to try a soarer setup by himself with his idea of improvements and he failed miserably.

Is that enough to convince you to stay away lex? or should I go into more detail about the whole fiasco?

In the end I got a SC setup that works, I just paid 3 times as much as the guy who originally designed it was charging for his kit with the same power, not from over pricing, but on unnessary equipment and circle work. Including a replacement petrol tank because he broke mine putting Ethanol in it during one of his dyno tests (break down happened a weak later though whilst I was driving in the country).

I just notice the Yella Terra Supercharger thread

So what I said here applies there. If it gets pass 180kw with 90c degress intake temps, i'll be impressed.

Attachments

• P1000311 Medium Web view.jpg
    P1000311 Medium Web view.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 101
I have heard many things about Danny Williams mostly from people here, I went ahead and got one of these manifolds anyway.

My price to my door including interstate postage was $870 Australian from memory.

I asked for a deal where I got no top plate and no injector bungs drilled.
It took 5 weeks to turn up and after receiving emails about how he was interstate, I reminded him that I did not pay for him to fly over the country back and forth but to get a manifold off him.

I had to open up the 4 most extreme mounting holes a little to line up with the studs but other than that it is sound and I am satisfied.

I will be mounting a top plate to run a Roots 6/71 blower on it.

I hope it works out.

Nath

hey all got a price from FAT the other day retail $1300+GST from memory cheaper if you order a few at once.

Ill probably be going with this on a my UZZ32 to mount a whipple twin screw on.

Have you found a supplier for twin screw in Aus?
Wouldn't mind talking to you if you are intretested in buying, may get a better price on 2?

Attachments

• 1UZ HP Compare.jpg
    1UZ HP Compare.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 1UZ TRQ Compare.jpg
    1UZ TRQ Compare.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 6
yeah sounds good
starr performance is the australian distributer
the trade price for the 2300ax with drive and bypass valve is just under 3000
ill be puting an order in for mine at the end of this week id say