Engines in Holland, thanx Skid

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

striker

Hey all,

You might remember my question on how to get engines in europe for a decent price.
well This forum paid of beautifully, thanx to a load of help from Skid I have managed to pick up no less than 4 1uzfe's last tuesday.

we left home at 2 am o tuesdaymorning, heading for calais in france to get the boat to dover in the Uk, appart from nearly being strip searched including gloves and.... well you know, we got there without to many problems (they did want to check the whole van about 3 times, including radaring the tyres looking for hidden drugs) softdrug are legal in holland so can't blame them really for suspecting us to smuggle some greenstuff, which offcourse we didn't.

a few traffic jams at lower londen and some fun with fellow female trafficjammers later, we got to Skid's place at about 11:30 uk time (no sleep at all) and there where no less than 8 1uzfe's lying around on the garage floor, brilliant sight btw,

anyway ditch the engines in the Mercbenz MB100 van, quick coffee and a chat about cars and get going again, the boat back was delayed for an hour or so, which set us back 2 hours considering the time defference between holland and the UK we didn't get home untill 2am on wednesday

so 24 hours straight but look at what my garage is like now!
I must admit I got an engine hoist wednesday afternoon to get them out of the van. note to self: this is no 4age

first pickup will be tommorow from Harm who will build his in a UVA fugitive, and Edwin S will probably pick his up somewhere next week, which should provide me with place to build op the engine stand and get working on the beast! the #4 engine is allready deliverd to the builder, it'll probably go in a maclaren M6B!

Thanx for making this possible!

BTW anyone ever seen a 36cylinder 136 valve MB100 Van? no??? i did lloky right here! it wasn't that quick anymore in the uk hills haha!

grtz Thomas

ps: so what do you think would the 1uz swap out for the 20v in my striker..... !woops!

Too bad you guys don't live in the States, these motors are so cheap and plentiful it's a joke....I can pick up the telephone and have an 1uz-fe motor deliverd to my door step in less then a half a day for maybe $500-$800 US dollars, which is the same price for a new set of tires.. I wish I could have sent you one as easily as I could pick one up...Oh well, good luck on your build you sound excited....

....I can pick up the telephone and have an 1uz-fe motor deliverd to my door step in less then a half a day for maybe $500-$800 US dollars, ....

These engines were GBP325 so thats circa US600, at the bottom end of your range. Is that reasonable enough?

Skid - That's a good price, I thought you guys were paying alot more for these motors being that they imported and all to you guys....That price sounds good enough to me...