Engine Numbers - crown

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

34ford

Can any one tell me where are the engine numbers located on 1UZ. Found some letters/numbers on the right head below the injectors. Is this it? Would of thought that it should be stamped on the block somewhere.

Attachments

• drivers side manifold 002.jpg
    drivers side manifold 002.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 16
It should be on top/front of the block. If you take out the black plastic cover, you will see the block number. However, I still can not find a source about what those numbers indicate. I have called few Lexus dealers about a referrence on those numbers but no luck.

Huh?

where would that be then david? I can only find the 1uz mark engraved in the valey bridge part below the front waterbridge.

I need to get a lexus dealer to provide me a paper that identifies the engine as being pre 1995 so I'm allowed to run without cat's when the car eventually gets SVA approved in the UK. (dutch toyota dealers are mostly very happy to provide these papers)

so I deffenatly need that number, can you post a piccie with one?

grtz Thomas

Ok but is there also an engine number? not the type#

I need a number that defines or can define the year of production?

on the bridge is only the type# "1uz"

or am I wrong here?

grtz Thomas

Thomas,

Do u have a picture of what u are talking about? I would also like to know the history of an engine if you can find me the list. I called many dealers but no luck. Besides the front/top block number I am not aware of any other number.

david

I know that my engine is 1992 because the sparkplug leads say so, I can't imagine that they have ever changed the lot, because it was together much to nice.

anyway there should be a number besides the 1uz tag on the engine somewhere, to tell the exact year of manufacture, at least that's what every other engine I've ever had my hands on has, including toyota ones.

when my 4age swap got approved I went to the toyota dealer in town, gave them the number which is on the block (not the 4ag sign but a 5 digit number) and told it was a 4age, they then looked up the number for me and dated it to 1984, so the typed a note for me, on toyota paper which stated than the engineblock was indeed manufatured in 1984, that's enough for the authorities to pinpoint whether a car needs catalic converters or not.

if it's dated before 1995 it doens't need cats, of manufatured after/in 1995 it does need cat's, hence my choice for an early block, saves space money and power all at once! problem is they need proof of a certified dealership and they are willing to help but need the numbers to work with.(they're not nice anough to help me out dating an engine which they can't look up offcourse)

so I sureley hope there's a number besides the 1uz tag somewhere that would work for the lexus/toyota dealers over here. otherwise I'd be in a little trouble.

toyota is very easy on this whereas honda let's you source number in Japan..... in Japanese that is...... not so nice, and took some of the dutchies over a year to get the letter.

grtz Thomas

Striker - Thats what i was thinking, they must put a number some where on the block. I need it for rego.

Ok but is there also an engine number? not the type#

I need a number that defines or can define the year of production?

on the bridge is only the type# "1uz"

or am I wrong here?

grtz Thomas

Thomas
Have a closer look. A block I have is stamped like this

1UZ

Found it. Have a look where it says 1UZ under the front water bridge. You should find a number there.

The top/front number on the block is a good indicator of the block. However, I still dont know what those numbers mean. Thomas do u have a source for those numbers? Secondly spark plug wires is false indicator of the engine/block. The wires indicate the year of the wire was made. For example I have a 1995 LS400 but the wire stated 1997. My engine wires were changed in 1997 so the brand new wires were made little bit before that time. Wire is a ok indicator but not the best. The block number is the most accurate source.

If you guys have any source, please let me know.

I took this picture just you guys so you know exactly what I am talking about.

UZFE_VIN.jpg

Right thanks for thsi Info guys, very helpfull.

My block had coroded quite a bit on the bridge surface I can now only see the 1uz mark with my bare eyes,

I'll put a little dye on there tonight then pollish it up a bit and get the UV light out, that must make me able to see the block number.

If I have any luck with these numbers at our toyota dealer over here, I'll let you know.

@ david I know about the spark wires and if they where 1998dated I would have doubts, but since they're 1992's Im pretty confident that they are the originals. I don't really care about the age anyway, if it goes pop I'll rebuild if not, I've got a nice cheap engine.

Grtz Thomas

can you explain how the charts work? are those production numbers in the way that they tell how many cars where build? or are those engine numbers and dates?

grtz Thomas

Striker,

If you look at the UZZ30 - 4.0 GT (coil suspension) and look for 46580 and 47262. My friend's SC400 engine ID is 465908 (see above picture) Ignore the last digit and you will noticed its Nov-Dec 1994 car. Matter of fact the block was from a 1995 SC400. So its pretty close. I hope this will help.

Hmmm ok david I see, might be the #8 engine in that month, uk manufacturers tend to do that system aswell (rover K series)

anyway Peewee, can you explain why it's at fault, maybe the chassis numbers are the same as the engine numbers, ot the engine number is part of the chassis number or something, renault does this aswell, you can always tell an engine swap in a renault by comparing the numbers...

I sure hope David is right, because I can just take this list to the dealer and make them print that on an official lexus headed piece of paper.

grtz Thomas

Striker,

I am not sure. Peewee brought up a good point. I didnt know the link until a visit email me the same question as this thread. So I told him that I dont know the block number and its history because I dont have the referrence. Anyway, few days later he email me the link so I share it with you guys. As for my friends 1995 SC400 block seem to work. However, I still think its very limited. There are few other version of the engine in different models are not listed. So, I am still in search of a complete list.