detonation?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Anaema

anyone know anything about what affects detonation? i know there are alot different factors, but i dont know how each one affects detonation, and i would like to know.

Fuel burning too hot is what causes this.
Effects are that it can melt alloy in extreme cases, otherwise just destroy pistons/head gaskets.

Most common cause is running too lean, usually from dirty injectors or a fuel pump gone bad (or running too much boost)

Other causes are old/poor fuel with poor octane rating.
Fuel too hot.

Incorrect ignition timing, incorrect cam timing, incorrect compression, lean conditions, hot charge temepratures, hot fuel system temperatures, hot combustion chamber temps, carbon buildup, incorrect spark plug heat range.

In a nutshell... Sparking too soon, artificially high compression, high charge, fuel, or temps of anything inside the chamber that the atomized fuel touches.

ok, i think i understand all of that, except for how the cam timing causes detonation.

Peak effective compression ratio, and combustion temperatures change. Also, some vehicles have a cam driven distributor, or ignition system - which is self explainitory.

well, i read something on the Internet(or maybe it was a Car and Driver article), but it said that holding the intake valve open a little bit toward the beggining of the compression stroke can... and now i just forgot the rest of it. anyway, it was a little along those lines.