Custom Engine Mount

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Anyone know a source where they can make engine mount? I am trying to fit a 2uzfe into a SC400/Soarer and the engine mounting holes are different. The 2uzfe block holes are about 1/16" of wider and about 1/2" higher. If you know a source, please let me know. I plan to get 3 set of mounts.

is that the only differance that you know of?
Are they in the identical same location and just the holes are spreed differently?

If you are interested and can get me some exact diminsions, I could fab up the set that you want. Problem is, I dont happen to have a 2uz block handy and thus the reason that I would need some diminsions from particular datum points common to both motors.

I got the demensions already and used Paint program and draw up the demension. However, I will make a jig this week so we can reproduce it if anyone need it. I am sure there will be a lot of block swap in the future.

I spent $12 bucks today to get some 1/16" plates and 3/8" plates. I got the two SC400 with three plates to form a W and have the two mount into the valley. I made the holes according to the new 2uzfe mounting locations. and made another hole for the tail portion of the mount. After the screws stablized the plates and weld them together so it wont move. I also added a back plate to hold all three plates together.

Now I have the jig made I can make plates pattern to the 2uzfe block and tail portion still at its original position. Here is some pictures....

Hey CJ,

Got some laser cut pieces today but two more need to be fab to make it complete. The top and bottom piece will be cut next week. Here is two tag weld engine mounts. Once done they will be tig weld for strong bond. The from the mount to the block is perfect. They bolt right on. Final grinding and painting will be done once all the pieces are in and welded. Here is a picture of the stock 1uzfe and 2uzfe engine mount:
attachment.php

Here is what I did earlier today. There still two pieces missing.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Solid mounts are just too tough on my old body...LOL.. I will be sticking with oem rubber mounts. I think this part is very important for the swap due to the increase weight of the 2UZFE block and horse power goal. So I want to be safe then sorry. Never over kill on a set of strong engine mounts.

Solid engine mounts

Solid mounts are just too tough on my old body...LOL.. I will be sticking with oem rubber mounts. I think this part is very important for the swap due to the increase weight of the 2UZFE block and horse power goal. So I want to be safe then sorry. Never over kill on a set of strong engine mounts.

Have you thought of neoprene David, I'm using these, a lot more solid than the rubber ones, cheap to replace ($10 pr), and with a smooth 1or 2uz, should be nice?

Ok,

Got the last piece of the puzzle together. Its fully tig weld in both inside and outside along with the upper and lower plates. I also painted to rust protection. Here are some pictures:

Powdercoating took too long.... got me a spray can and start spraying... I think the most important thing for me is the reliability of it. I want it to be strong and not breaking on me. So I spent extra money to get the inside weld up also. The worst thing is to have your engine mounts break on you.

I spent $12 bucks today to get some 1/16" plates and 3/8" plates. I got the two SC400 with three plates to form a W and have the two mount into the valley. I made the holes according to the new 2uzfe mounting locations. and made another hole for the tail portion of the mount. After the screws stablized the plates and weld them together so it wont move. I also added a back plate to hold all three plates together.

Now I have the jig made I can make plates pattern to the 2uzfe block and tail portion still at its original position. Here is some pictures....

thats cool, but a lot of work, they are at roughly 45 degrees and using that I just cut out some 8mm plate and 6mm gussets and went to town (needed them shorter so i could lower my engine 50mm)