=crankshaft Modifications=

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

milnersXcoupe

http://tinyurl.com/2etthh

ALL Reviews I've read are very favorable - and this Article is a perfect 'primer'
for anyone interested in learning more about the 'Black Arts' of Automotive
Performance Crankshaft Servicing.

The specific company the Article features is:

Castillo's Crankshaft Specialty
14654 1/2 Firestone Blvd
LA Mirada, CA 90638-5915

The Article is informative and the .jpgs were shot with 'interested parties' in mind.

:tapedshut: :drillsergeant: :ponder: :unitedstates:

the more I read the more i'm convinced that a (relatively) lightweight rotating assembly would be an awesome build for high-revving N/A power. not necessarily a super-high ceiling, but think of the throttle response.

Crower does some really nice light weight rotating assemblies, but i don't think they don some of the stuff like Castillo does.

Building 'The Ultra-Lite' Engine or 'Blip-Factor'

Correct your are Chilkoot !

The 'feel' of the engine & power delivery & control feedback
change turns what was a 'light switch' experience into a
sensory extension of self..... [ did I say that right?]

'Blip-Factor' is the beauty of not waiting for the engine to
climb its' way up the RPM range - you crack the throttle
and RPM is 'right now'.

On a stick car - you won't be waiting for the engine to drop
RPM to snatch the next gear - it's 'right now' - .

You can put the engine at whatever RPM mark very quickly -
pick up revs - lose revs & not feel you're waiting for the bus to arrive.

The engine feels lighter - damn thing 'sings' - when it has shed the
rotating mass weight.

The crank shop knows the weight of the pistons / pins / rings / clips / rods / bearings / harmonic balancer / clutch / pp / convertor - anything hung on the crankshaft - and your trans. and rear end gearing and weight of the vehicle
PRIOR to their lightening the crankshaft - so as to have the correct amount removed rather than having too much taken off & having the crank virtually stop rotating once lifting off the throttle...... hence 'The Black Art' aspect.

CROWER - mmm.... yeah..... very 'special order' when I spoke with them - Bruce Crower isn't that involved these days...... so they only take for the most part - 'volume' style - work , ie Chevy yah da da yah...... IMHO.

:werd: :unitedstates:

not according to their catalog. but I've never called them, so I guess i wouldn't really know. it is really interesting what they do to the crank to make it lighter during production.

Bruce Crower - one of the founding Fathers of Ultra High Perf Mods whose career I grew up reading on.

Having had a 1950 HUDSON as a 'street rod' - I was totally floored when he built a NASH OHV Straight Eight for The Bonneville Salt Flats......

He had alot of 'Firsts' as did ISKY - if you want it CROWER :unitedstates: - call them with your requirements.

SCAT has an incredible 'primer' on crankshafts - check the site - their 'Ultra-Lite' is a work of Art.