Cover panel between rear of block and bellhousing / autobox?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Mat Grant

southern UK
Hi all,

I've got a 1uz (rear sump version from a Soarer) with a Bullet bellhousing connected to a W58. I'm left with a large air gap at the bottom of the bellhousing where rain / dirt / stones kicked up off the road etc can enter the bellhousing.

When I bought the engine it didn't have a gearbox, so i'm not sure what should be there - is there a plate covering that space? Or is the autobox differently shaped?

Is there a Toyota/aftermarket part I can buy, or do I have to fabricate something?

Thanks, Mat.