Copper Pipes

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Hey Gang,

Recently my home plumbing new some improvement. Got some copper pipes for the fix. I was thinking those large 3" copper pipes would work well for the TB inlet pipes. They come in 3" with 90 and 45 degrees and you can solder it for strong bond. I know that are not good for heat application, but from intercooler to intake would open up a choice.

I guess coating it would look alot better. What do u think? Just a suggestion.

Have you ever priced that stuff?

You could have mandrel bent stainless or alloy far cheaper, including the labour of the fabricator.

You would really want 100mm or 4" over the 75mm/3". Whilst the t/b is close to 75mm you want as much flow without restriction as you can get.

the metal recyclers here buy copper back at $1 aud per kg.... and that's for scraps..

buying that stuff brand new would kill the bank, hehe

Guys,
I suppose if you already had the stuff lying around that would be one thing.
Going out and buying the stuff just for this job, yeecks.
That stuff is very pricy and also take into consideration he weight.

I made up intake pipe out of mandrel bent exhuast pipe and then wrapped it in 50mm house insulation, the stuff with the foil on one side.

I payed all up $50 for the pipe and got the insulation from a job site.
Might not look the trickest but it was cheap, light and very effective.
The copper doesn't look hat crash hot anyway.

If your going to spend that sort of money ?
See if you can buy the pipe in Alluminimum, maybe you can take it to an exhaust shop and get it mandrel bent.
Probably cost the same, leightweight and mandrel bent so there is no restriction.

**** you could get it polished and that would be sweet !

Something to think about.

Regards

Stephen

My intake pipe needed to turn 2 90degree bends very close together.

I used 100mm sewer pipe which is easy to work, doesn't absorb heat like (any) metal and cost around $20.00 for the two fittings and the short length of pipe I needed.

You can see the pipe (painted black) on the white 4x4 in the "Sydney Meet" photos.

I think you will find that copper pipe will have to much heat soak and a big down side is it is very soft oh and the price.

If you have the bucks go ss otherwise go aluminum