Buying a LS400 or SC400, what to know?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
S

Spooled 7M-GTE

Can't seem to find some threads about this with a manual search and forum search too.

I'M planning to buy a SC400 or LS400 (but 80% chances that it'll be a SC unless i find THE DEAL on a LS)

I know nothing about reliability of these cars, weak points etc.

The only thing i saw on a few cars is, often the climate control display breaks down.

What do I need to know about these cars, weak spots? I know they are reliable cars but every car has its weakness.

Welcome to the club. The LS4 and SC4 1UZ engine is very reliable. The weak point are PS pump which could also lead Alt. failure. You could also watch out for window regualtor going bad and cluster that could gone bad too. That is all I can think of right now. I'm sure other will chime in.

ok, all those parts are kinda cheap at the junkyard, that,s perfect, only small pieces that goes wrong.

What's the difference between the A-340 and A-341, the A-341 is just an Heavy duty version of the A-340? I have the 340 in my cressida and i love it, that's a wonderful transmission for the time.

1 last question, what is the your fuel consumption? (real life) On paper it seems to have the same rating as my 7M wich is not bad for a 250HP V8.

Thanx a lot for your comments!