Brake swap question...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Ursus

Does anyone know if the 95-2000 ls400 brake calipers ad rotors will bolt up to the 91 ls400 with minor dust shield modification?? I've heard that they're 4 pot the same as the supra tt's and the rotor diameter is only a few mm different. Also that the ls calipers dissipate heat better than the stock supra tt's.

You will need to buy the larger rotors as well the 4 piston calipers... Also make sure your rim offset will house the more pertruding 4 piston calipers...

I believe LEX did that very swap on his LS400, his thread illustrates every aspect of the swap with pics...Search and find..

I did that swop on mine a while ago , very sucessful and well worth the effort .
I had done wheel bearings on mine well before and fitted new bigger dust shields then knowing the big brakes would be coming , it was nice not to have to trim the shield and then bend it out to clear the caliper .
You will need to fit the later 95 onwards lower ball joints as the LS calipers are longer than the TT units and they will foul on the outer rack ball joint .
The later lower ball joints are a bolt on fit .
You will also need the later size disc's as they went up to 315 mm disc's .
Everything else is bolt , even the brake hoses fit .

Wow no one has ever mentioned the lower ball joint issue . Then in the end it would be cheaper to just use the tt calipers. The Supra calipers cost me about 250 for a pair and the ucf 20 calipers would cost 170 and the ball joints another 170...

Maybe you should get a hearing aid Jibby , so you can hear better !!
Both my brother in NZ [ 93 LS400 ] and I had to fit the later balljoints to clear the LS400 4 piston caliper .
Apparently this doesn't happen with the Supra TT caliper , I believe the TT caliper has smaller pistons in it so is shorter .

Attachments

• rotor sized.jpg
    rotor sized.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 316
I did the Supra TT swap so I guess I maybe wrong, however, I would still double check that... Lex never mentioned to me about that ball joint change with his LS brake swap.....

Maybe parts differ over seas, maybe the year calipers make a difference aswell. All I said is double check so there is no need to blow a ring gasket and get hostile richonenz... Take a chill pill bro...

Actually the calipers came from the States , don't actually know what year though , could be any from 95 to 00 .
My brothers calipers came off a 00 ?
No malice Jibby , just fun , I have seen from posts that you can arc up a bit , I like it , adds a bit of interest and shows some passion for the topic , I NEVER take it personally , especially on the net .

Rule One: Never take Rich seriously .

Rule Two: If you think Rich is being serious refer to rule one !!

Besides you did say "I've never heard of the lower ball joint being an issue"
Last I knew hearing involves the ears ?
Anyhow that statement still holds true , you haven't heard of an issue , BUT you have read about one now !!
Peace and harmony to all .

Richie, it's all good...No harm no foul...

Rule #1 is not to step in #2..... I'm a forum prankster at times and I probably piss off the heads on this forum from time to time... I've gone toe to toe with a couple of people on this forum and got knocked out...I always get back up though for more.....

That's exactly what I was referring to !!
Toe to toe indeed .
As regards the moderators as long as it doesn't get out of hand a bit of agro is a good thing , if you really want to see some personal insult type stuff go to the MB forum !!
Oh I forgot , you started some of that stuff on the MB forum !! LOL
Also sorry to get off topic on your thread Ursus !!

The funny thing is I am banned on just about every forum on the internet other then this one...I was only joking around on most of them...

Club - banned for life and almost sued....
HMT - banned for life and had some embarrassing carry over to this forum..Yipes!!!! Didn't see that coming..
MB - banned, roasted and cussed out bigtime..Even got some fellow supporters banned on that one....

I'm not proud of my accomplishments but it was fun while it lasted..

I think I claimed American big block supercharged motors to be way superior to all the 4 banger turbo'd charged lawn mower engines that everyone had on the forum..Something to that effect...You can see where that would go..

Ooooops my bad...

The Club forum I claimed I had the fastest SC400 and would smoke everyone including the stupid idiotic senior moderator, not a good idea to boast like that as I later found out......I never liked that guy, he had the forum god like complex and I tried to shut him down... Everyone else sucked up to the fool and I got tired of it.. Needless to say I was immediately banned for life.. I did see that coming, no regrets..

I've mellowed out over the years and I am now docile and forum newtered.. Occasionally I can get riled up though...:AR15firing: :wavey:

lmao!!! np bro =P im just doing the research right now im probably picking up an ls in the next month