Barometric pressure sensor

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Most barometric sensors are stand alone. For example Porsche mounted their's under the passenger seat. If it was in the AFM it would be affected by the rising and falling pressure as the throttle opened and closed.

I've had my ECU apart and they don't have a sensor in there. They are usually easilly identified.

I would expect a side effect of the the VKV AFM is it doesn't need a sensor.

This is from an article i found maybe it helps

Both Toyota/Lexus and Mitsubishi Karman-Vortex
air-flow sensors put out two signals: an air-flow
frequency signal and an air-temperature or
barometric-pressure voltage signal. The Karman-
Vortex signal should be a square-wave signal that
flips back and forth from 0 to 5 volts. The frequency
of the signal will increase (narrower pulse width)
as air flow increases. Frequency should increase
smoothly and steadily with rpm.

Regards
Lambo

According to my factory ls400 manual, the ecu has what is called a "High altitude compensator sensor"(HAC). The sensor is used to detect atmospheric (absolute) pressure.Changes in air pressure cause changes in air intake density and therefore the air-fuel ratio. The ecu uses this input to make corrections for these changes in air pressure. If the ecu records a diagnostic code "35" it goes to fail safe and the atmospheric pressure is set at 760mm Hg.This HAC sensor is built into the ecu and I have no idea where it is located. Hope this helps.

Hi Cubanman, you say you have a sc 400 the circuit i have shows the ecu and afm for that model , i suspect the resistor with the circle around it in the afm up in the right of the circuit is the temporature sensor, as this is the standard electronic symbol for a temporature varied resistor, different manufactures do it other ways Mitsubishi have a Diode inside the afm on my old Mitsi starion, and the circuit shows nothing like a barametric sensor in the main ecu diagram. Circuit file is to big to attach. could pm
Best Regards
Lambo