Any Inputs about a 2000 LS400 !!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mshawari1

:thinking: One of my friends want to sell his 2000 LS400 for ~ 6000 USD … it is a good price right !! But ……

The engine is damaged because of over heating as he said ..
The JDM engine cost about 2000 USD + Transmission .

IS IT A GOOD DEAL TO BAY IT ???

msharawi1, here in the US, if the car was still running OK, without any problems, it would be worth between $11,000 and $15,000 USD.

So using the minimum amount of $11K, if you buy the car for $6K, and have to put another $2K to $4K in it, you would still be OK with it in the US, but I don't know how the pricing is on these in Saudi?

Do you know how much damage there was to the motor - just blown head gaskets, or a hydrolocked motor and broken rods?

Why isn't he interested in fixing it and keeping it? Maybe he knows something about it that you don't?

You could always offer him $5K for it.....

Salaam

Attachments

• tundra57Lengine.JPG
    tundra57Lengine.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 8
Salam ….

I did not see the car yet .. it is hard to know the real story about this car because my friend also brought it from some one and he was planning to fix it a year ago .. but he has no time …

Thank for the input John

Attachments

• Tundra5.7show.jpg
    Tundra5.7show.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 32
Here is my idea :

- Get that car and part the engine to see if its easy to fix it.
- Replace the rods with the earlier 1UZ rods since I have a complete engine in the back yard.
- Install a twin turbo which I have before "T3" running @ 6 PSI.
- No intercooler but maybe water injector .
- Modify the exhaust to flow more air .

I want to keep the cost as minimum as I can. I feel that the most hard part is the exhaust job because I should do it by my self since no professional shops can do it .

What you guys think ..?

Sounds like a true hotrodding project, but with enough determination I'll bet you can do it. Are you planning to keep the original Lexus engine management system (ECU)?

Yes, I am planning to keep the stock ECU because of the aftermarket ECU that support VVTI is very costly.

What exciting me is that car has VVTI and 5 speed transmission . The stock one can go from 0 - 60 mile in 6.X s right ? So I guess I can reach 5.X s and beat all those camed LS1 …………..