amsoil oil filter?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

WDoherty

So, i need to order a new oil filter for the sc400 from amsoil and they have two versions for the sc400. I had the longer version previously, then my mom ordered a shorter one which is on there now, but i told her i wanted the longer one. They told her they don't recommend that one. I call and ask and the guy says he can't confirm why, but he does notice that the longer one has a lower bypass pressure. I mean, that would just make the oil bypass the filter if it was clogged. In my mind it would take longer to clog the larger filter so i prefer the larger filter, but they don't recommend it. What do you guys think?

larger filter has a higher capacity as well.

and unless lexus uses a crazy expensive oil filter, the bypass valves are in the oil system man.. the filter wouldnt have any effect on that..

WDoherty
What are the part numbers of those filters I'll ask them they seem to answer other things I ask them
once I see how they compare in specs to what I am using i might use some.
Thanks

psiuz
Ok this is by the new numbering system which they just changed. The long one is (not recommended by them) is Ea0 34 and the short one is Ea0 57. Interesting that it got bumped to a new price bracket, $13 a pop (dealer price), ouch.

WDoherty
I got in contact with amsoil in the states. Ea034 is 4.7"long 3.02dia and has 7-10 psi bypass.
The Ea057 is 3.404"long 2.91diaand 8-10 psi bypass. This was the only real difference.
My dealer said internals are the same so just the bypass is different and the 034 is larger capacity.
In Aud i will have to pay $18 if i use the 034. By the way what amsoil do you use and are you runing the A.T.F in the auto. Hope this helps a little.

Justin

thanks for the inquirying from them. I use the standard 25,000 mile 5-30w. Based on the info i'll go with the Ea034. I haven't used their ATF, i have only drained and refilled mine with Toyota TypeIV, but would be interested in the results as the heat created by the tranny in the sc400 heats up the cabin and it quite annoying. You should try it out, i normally trust their products and if i was keeping the car i wouldn't mind trying flushing it out and trying the amsoil. The only thing is i'll probably sell the sc400 for an sc300 5 speed to go na-t and never find out myself on the ATF. But if you do, i'd be interested in your results.

When I fitted my supercharger i did aproxx 10L flush with the atf and seems to run a little cooler.
I have put it in my 80 series TD Auto I pull 3 tonne often and sometimes 7t and after 80000 km just a little brown in colour. If any one else has experience with these oils i'm very interested to know results.