A442F landcruiser trans info

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Daver204

Does anyone know if the mid 90's Toyota Landcruiser A442F 4WD auto trans has same shift logic as the A340E series trans? I want to set one up behind a 4.7 Toyota V8 in an off roader. (Already have engine and trans).
I already have a 1uzfe with an A341E in my Nissan ute and am hooked on these engines and autos, its an awsome performer, and quite economical if you dont drive on the rev limiter :).
Any info about the A442F would be appreciated.
Cheers
Dave

They are pretty close, although i'm not sure they use an electronic accumulator. I think they have the older style mechanical one. The shift/torque solenoids should be very similar, of course the gearboxes may have different speed sensors or other sensors which could throw the logic out a bit.
You will have to try and find an ECT ecu which gets its info straight from the sensors as opposed to the ECT that goes with the crown ECU which gets its signals from the crown engine ECU.
You could try it or it may be easier to use an aftermarket controller for the auto.

Thanks KDog, You are right, I managed to find a bit of info, the shift solenoids operate the same as the A34 series, and the TCC lockup looks the same. It doesnt have an accumulator solenoid, but it has a timing solenoid, I am not exactly sure what it does, maybe it controls shift pressure similar to a throttle valve, I am going to have to figure out how it works one way or another.. dont you just love the challenges of a new project . I will probably use an aftermarket controller as you suggest.