2UZ Plastic Covers Fit on 1UZ?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cribbj

"Supra" Moderator
Staff member
Does anyone know if the 2UZ cam sprocket covers fit on the early 1UZ? I'm doubting it because the heads are different, but am curious if anyone has tried it?

Top photo is Turboandrew's 2UZ sitting in his Supra, bottom photo is my 1UZ long block.

John,

I don't think so. The 98+ engines have a built-in cover housing in the heads and the early 1uzfe doesn't have that. So it would not be a direct bolt-on to the early models.

OK, thanks David. If my COP project works out like I want it to, then I'll need to cut the plastic covers up a bit, and at that point, the 2UZ covers would be preferable, but if they don't work, they don't work......

deffinitly not a direct bolt-on, but could be done without too much difficulty by making some custom backing plates that bolt to the head like the stock setup and then the other covers bolt to it. I have been toying with the idea myself as I dont like the squared off apperance of the early 1uz covers but cant find any of the 2uz or 3uz covers locally or for a reasonable price.