1UZFE Hot Rod

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
jibby said:
0-60 in 5.6 seconds and the quarter mile at 13.8, what do you guys think of the performance of this creation?
performance wise, i'd be happy with that
as for the rest of it, it certainly looks different, not really my cup of tea but hey i wish i had the skills needed to do such a tranformation.
obviously the owner likes it or he would have built it differently.
i guess you would think my project is a waste of time, but it doesnt matter as thats what i want to do and i know it'll turn out the way I want, not really worried what other people think and i bet this guy thinks the same.

I agree with you Deankdx, it is what the owner thinks that counts and matters overall. I also agree with you that it takes talent, creativity and a lot of free time to make that car no matter how it looks. I simply am just offering my opinion as to what I think of this cars appearance, not the owners skills, just his taste.

Dean, so let's see what your automotive creation looks like, I am sure it will be better looking than this one already posted. Post a picture don't be shy, I am sure all the readers would love to see another creative car build...I will be the first to praise it if I think it is a sweet ride.

jibby said:
I

Dean, so let's see what your automotive creation looks like, Post a picture don't be shy, I am sure all the readers would love to see another creative car build...I will be the first to praise it if I think it is a sweet ride.
mine is not going to have any custom outside work at all, total sleeper is the plan, just going to run a 1UZ, supra 5speed 3.45LSD with extractors and crown ECU, single 2.5 mandrel bent exhaust is the plan so far. heres a pic
laugh all you like, its a Ford fairmont ghia, 1983.
lextremehotrodthread.jpg

You definetely are brave for posting that, I will give you that much. No laughing here. It's old but I think I would still rather cruise your sleeper on a Friday night then the PT monster, maybe. It looks like a very light car, and eveyone knows light cars can move with a few ponies under the hood. My question to you is what is a ford owner doing on a V8 lexus forum? I doesn't bother me at all, but what are you hoping to gain on this forum with a Ford build? Could you be planning at some point to drop in a Lexus/Supra motor, or drivetrain in the sleeper?

Well Dean, we all work will what we got. I started building up my old obsolete 1992 sc400 one year ago rather then sell it and buy a tt Supra. So far so good. Check this, it's not an sc430 for $70,000, it's not a gs430 or LS430 for bank. I bought this old bag of bolts for $8,000, a 14 year old SC400 with $7000 and alot of TLC put in to it. Cheers-

jibby said:
? I doesn't bother me at all, but what are you hoping to gain on this forum with a Ford build? Could you be planning at some point to drop in a Lexus/Supra motor, or drivetrain in the sleeper?

Well Dean, we all work will what we got. I started building up my old obsolete 1992 sc400 one year ago rather then sell it and buy a tt Supra. Cheers-
as said in the text of my pic, yes 1UZ V8will be fitted to it, better than a ford motor, i bought this car for $300, i can afford to buy an import sc400 like yours they can be had for around $10,000
but they weigh about 500kg more, dont come with manual, not really suited to me personally, i would probably enjoy a manual LS400, but CBF trying to sort out making one, plus the added weight would take out some fun.
if you went into the swapping section you could ask anyone that is doing an engine swap the question what are you doing on this forum? the answer would be this is the best site for anything quadcam.
thanks Dean