1uz sleeves

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Brad Bedell

Hey guys, I'm in the process of trying to figure out how large of a sleeve I can shove in my spare 98+ 1uz engine.

I was correct when I thought the 1uz sleeves were simply interferance fit. At approx 300 degrees, the sleeves essentially fell out of the engine.

Actual sleeve thickness is .077 where as the fire ring measures .174 for me.

Here is a photo of the sleeve:

1uzsleeve.jpg

Now, instead of me spending hours mesuring and digging through a sleeve catalog, does anyone have or offer a sleeve kit for this engine? Or, even better yet, have the part number for just the sleeves that work best?

-Brad

Sorry, I am not aware of any sleeves that are ready to go for the 1UZ. Would like to know as well!

Given the bore spacing, how much bigger do you think you can go?

turboandrew said:
Sorry, I am not aware of any sleeves that are ready to go for the 1UZ. Would like to know as well!

Given the bore spacing, how much bigger do you think you can go?

I'm not sure yet. There's quite a bit of strength built into the block around the water jackets. I suspect I'm going to have to have someone do some engineering on the block to see where they feel the side load is on the motor. I mean, I can see doing a 100mm bore pretty easily if you really hog everything out and do something like a darton sleeve with a built in fire ring. However, I'm not sure how how much the bores would move around if I did this. I want to maintain at minimum a .100 wall thickness for the abuse I plan on giving it.

-B

I talked with Darton a while back about creating a 95mm sleeve. I was quoted at $5,500. However if you're interested as well, maybe we can get a nice rate for the pair...maybe $4000!! All joking aside, it looks like a sturdy sleeve, not just a large bore resleeve, but a solid wet sleeve is going to cost a nice chunk of coin.

Is there any reason why a normal machine shop can not make sleeves?

They look very easy to make with a normal cnc machine.