1uz rn90 hilux

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

millsi

Picture200.jpg
Picture195.jpg
Picture193.jpg
Picture182.jpg
Picture180.jpg
Picture165.jpg
Picture163.jpg
Picture160.jpg
Picture159.jpg
Picture148.jpg
it still not finished obviously, the wiring needs tidying, and i need to put in one more bit of sheet metal under the exhaust, just to name a couple of things. anyone got a cheap gt42r?we used my brothers spare turbo whic hhas the exact same exhaust housing as the gt42 and mocked up from there we dubbed the pipe that joins where the turbo would be and the exhaust "the lunchbox" for some reason or another. it will do the job though and hope fully if i have to do a long trip in the future and dont want to be boosting and using alot of fuel i can just bolt in the lunchbox change maps and away i go.

hi, not sure what the w57 is from. i have it on good authority that the gearsets are strong, however care needs to be taken to avoid hard changing. it will hold up fine without the turbo.
i had a turbo lined up but it turned out to be a shitty ebay jobbie so we dummied up where the turbo will go with a spare turbo my brother had lying around which has the exact same exhaust housing (1.06 on a t76) as the one i will be using (gt42r). its another $2500-$3000 just for the turbo so i will wait till i get the rest of the car sorted before it goes on. i already have bigger injectors/intercooler/eboost2/turbo timer/waste gate etc so hope fully not too much more has to be spent.

oops, bellhousing is from dellow (crap quality though it works fine). clutch is a 5 puck ceramic skyline job with 2800lbs clamping force. clutch slave is from an early hilux,

update time, turbo/gate is on, cooler is mounted.
having dramas with the brake swap (think someone sent me r32 gtst calipers instead of r32 gtr calipers)
but the biggest drams we have just found is that due to the engine sitting so far backwards, theres not enough room for the auto or any auto that will take decent power (exept a glide which isnt happening).
crossmember for those who dont know is welded on hilux's.
so the plan is remove torsion bars (done), fit coil overs and notch the cross member. bit of a fuck around but its going to be the same with a manual or any decent gearbox that can cope with the expected (hoped) power output.
dave seems to think its an easy job, which for him it probably is.
img_0888.jpg

Awesome work, I'm keen to see what you get out of it. Did you do anything with the rear suspension?

not much, turned the load leafs upside down, added tramp rods and some koni shocks. doesnt hook up too bad with 255/35/20s, can prob soften the shocks some more.

front coil overs are done as well

small update.

had it tuned for e85 a while ago, but was blowing the spark out pretty hard by the looks. still made 310rwkw on 15 psi which wasnt too bad.

Pulled the engine out to change the valve springs, hg's, and arp studs a couple of weeks ago (cant get the cam covers off with the engine in the car).

Had to have the valves lightly machined as they were slightly pitted (not helping the sealing im sure), which in turn required the clearances to be done.

Motor is all back together now minus some of the plastic covers at the front.

Should be back in and running this weekend in time for the dyno on monday.

Fingers crossed!

Have booked and paid for powercruise already which might not be a good going on my luck thus far