1UZ 5 spd swap hydraulic TOB issues

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

J-min

Hey guys, I just pulled my trans because Im leaking clutch fluid and gear oil ( a separate issue which i've fixed) but I've found that the end of the hydraulic throw out bearing seems to have contacted the clutch hub/spline area??? It looks all wonky and out of round and non concentric to the input shaft anymore, since its all marred up. I toyed with the idea that the previous owner may have put the friction disc in backwards, but I decided that was wrong as generally the proud end of the hub points towards the trans, correct??

Im running a MK3 W58 on a quantum clutch and 1uzfeswapkit adapter and TOB mount. and a 1989 LS400 motor. Hydraulic TOB is an AP D951004.This is what my kit looks like.
309935_446564515437759_1284280242_n.jpg

And this is what the end of my TOB looks like (sans bearing itself, i removed that for picture sake.)
1044056_10151953028698243_1452863243_n.jpg

Has anyone else had any clearance issues? Can any of you verify part numbers to make sure I don't have some Pontiac gto t56 TOB variant???

Last edited:
what flywheel are you running? and did you get the bearing seated all the way down on the ring? did you get the clutch disc installed facing the right direction? There's only a couple of things that will cause that to happen.

Its an entire quantum auto kit, so a modded 3s flywheel, and quantums clutch which is basically a proproitary modified 7m clutch. Auto bell housing. AP GTO TOB, quantum adapter plate and tob mount.

The clutch was placed with the larger end of the hub facing towards the trans and the bearing appeared to be seated all the way. One of my friends said he bought an NZ Kit and he had to skim 10mm off his mount. I might just Start measuring everything up and see if there's a physical interference here.

tha's not a quantum kit in the picture. that's my kit. if you mix and match my kit with quantum parts this is what will happen. Quantum's clutch disc has a super long hub that hits the tob.

tha's not a quantum kit in the picture. that's my kit. if you mix and match my kit with quantum parts this is what will happen. Quantum's clutch disc has a super long hub that hits the tob.

Ahh. That's probably the issue then. I have a quantum auto PP and disc, and lines. I guess it has a 3vz flywheel(modded) then. I bought this car from a friend not quite knowing what was in it. He was vague at best.

So your adapter is the one with the mount ring welded onto the plate? that's what I have.

I guess I need to mill down the end of my tob, or the plate, or both. the quantum clutch does have a long hub, you're right. Sorry for sounding like I was correcting you. I honestly dont know what parts are what, I do however know this setup does not work haha.

Last edited: